Sunday, December 1, 2019

November Thankfulness

November came in like a lamb and out like a lion.  And in between that, we had a busy, fun month, with much to be thankful for.  I loved the warm, fall days with beautiful colors!
 Grant earned his Arrow of Light and finished scouting!  We are so grateful for dedicated scout leaders who helped him with this goal.
 Dustin had to cross over the scouting bridge along with Grant, because he is an Eagle Scout and the Bishop of our ward.  And, I think the guy running the show wanted to make Dustin sweat a little, trying to remember all the Scout laws/oaths, etc.
 Lots of service was performed by our ward youth this month, including my youth.

 Avery lettered in cross country and officially finished the season.
 We enjoyed a temple night with our friends.  Love the temple.  Love good friends to go with!
 The girls both earned their Young Womanhood Recognition Award.  This was a big accomplishment and we are proud of them!
 The family all participated in the turkey trot at the high school (except for me, because I was at Time Out For Women with my friends.  I'm double thankful about those things.).



 We decorated for Christmas!  My favorite time of year!  When we pulled out our Christmas decorations, we found many new things that I must have bought on clearance last year at the end of the season.  It was like early Christmas for me!  So fun to have a new tree (that spins) and new decorations.


 Grant had Colonial Days at school.  He had clean fingernails and clean behind his ears, and received no lashings, we are happy to report.  He had been a little nervous about it, so I'm sure he was very thankful to not be figuratively whipped.
 I had a birthday and got breakfast in bed!

 And that night we went out to eat for my birthday.  It was the day before Thanksgiving, so we had Dustin's dad staying with us, and his mom and our niece met us for dinner.
 We found these really stylish models.

 We also got snow!!  It started snowing at the beginning of the week, and only stopped occasionally for the rest of the week.  I was thankful for the warm Fall days, and now we are enjoying the snow.  It is so nice to live somewhere with all 4 seasons!



 We hosted Thanksgiving at our house again this year.  This time we had Dustin's dad, mom, niece Briana, and our friend Amy, thanks to the nasty storm that prevented her from traveling.  We had a delicious meal, with fun conversation.  I am very thankful for good friends and family and all the other wonderful blessings that we enjoy!
 No one got food poisoning (that I know of).  Super grateful.


It was a very happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: