Sunday, November 10, 2019

Halloween

We started out the Halloween season with face painting at scouts (this is actually because Grant earned his Webelos award and our scout leader loves to do a little hazing.😊)
 We had a cousins Halloween party at Jen's house, complete with spooky food and a haunted house, which was scary enough to make the 6 year old cry.  Success!





 Avery had the Sadie's dance at the high school.  She was a farmer.  Her childhood dream has come true!

 We had our ward Fall Festival that same night.  I was in charge and only found out a couple of weeks before, so it was very simple.  But, we had a great turnout and everyone seemed to have fun, so maybe that is all the time I really needed! (It also helped that I had some awesome people helping me).


 We carved our pumpkins with our next door neighbor, Ranya, who is from Jordan.







 It snowed!  Obviously, just a little, but it was incredibly cold for a week or so after, so that little snowman didn't melt for a long time!
 Ryan had his first band concert!  He plays the clarinet, and it is so fun to hear him progress!

 I had a preschool Halloween party and dressed as a pirate.  This costume literally cost me $1.  I had to buy a red table cloth to cut up as my sash and scarf.  Not bad!

 And the actual holiday finally arrived!!  Dustin and I followed along behind Grant and his friends, who trick or treated together.  Ryan went to a different neighborhood with his friends.  It was pretty cold, and even with this awesome hot dog blanket, Pepper only lasted about 1 block.  Dustin and I didn't last quite as long either, and by the time we talked to friends along the route, Grant and his friends were long gone.  So, I guess we weren't very good at supervising and instead we looked like two creepers, out trick or treating without costumes, by ourselves.  On the bright side, we did get some candy out of it, and we didn't have to walk as far as our kids did.  And then we came home and watched a movie!


 Maren went to a pumpkin carving party with her friends, and Avery went with friends and ended up watching a Christmas movie.  She is a girl after my own heart.
 And, Grant and Ryan got enough candy to supply the rest of us.  A successful Halloween!

No comments: