Sunday, February 16, 2020

Things That Made My Heart Happy This Week (One of which is a NEW Valentine's visitor!)

Last weekend Avery had her Sweetheart's Dance at the high school.  It is girl's choice, and she asked James, from her friend group.  They ate dinner at the house of one of her friend's, and I got to come be a helper.  That meant that I got to see the girl's and their dates and that was fun!



 A couple of days later, Avery got asked to Prom.  Prom isn't until April, but that is how the kids do it here--as soon as one dance ends, prep for the next one begins!  Plus, she shared her Crumble cookies, and we all loved that!
My kiddos surprised me with the coolest cake!

One of my preschoolers gave this apron to me for Valentine's Day.  I love it!
 The most exciting thing that made my heart happy this week: we had a visit from the Valentine's lady's long lost husband, the ValenDude!  What a shocker!  Who knew there were more people in the Valentine's Lady's family?!  What a funny surprise for our family.  I, for one, really enjoyed this surprise.  I would vote to have this exciting switch become a permanent change.  I'm guessing the Valentine's Lady was taking a much needed vacation.  It is hard work to provide treats, presents and kisses to all the good little kids of the world!





Grant and Dustin made this cute Baby Yoda valentine holder for school.
 I helped with Grant's class party on Valentine's Day.  We made balloon hats, swords, and whatever else the kids could come up with.  It was fun!
Arie, Isabel and Briana came to town that night, so we met up with them and Gramma Lana for a Valentine's dinner, and then we've had a fun weekend visiting with them.
 I got my wedding ring back!  It is has a beautiful new diamond and is all polished and shined up nicely.  It is like having a brand new ring!

No comments: