Sunday, May 17, 2020

Wiberg Corona Quarantine Week 8 & 9

Last week started out with a late night balloon arch being made.  My family helped me make the arch and we found when we opened the balloon package that there were some fun balloons in the bag (look at the one Avery is holding).

 The balloon arch looked really nice, in the house, with no wind...
 
I did my Preschool Graduation, with each child coming one at a time with their families.  It was a Quarantine Graduation for sure!  But it was actually really fun to see the kids again and say goodbye.  And it was good to have some closure on my school year.

 They enjoyed our driveway Pacman game.


 We've done some zoom calls with family, 
 And some Face Time calls with this cutie.  (She loves to face time, and we are the happy recipients of her calls!)
We watched a General Conference talk under out "tent".  We have started watching a General Conference talk on Sunday night, and then making a goal for the week based on the talk we watched.  It has been a fun break in our routine Gospel study.
For Family Home Evening, we flew kites.  It was a little cold at the park and not quite windy enough, but the sunset was beautiful.

 We played with the extra balloons leftover from the preschool arch.  A similar huge water balloon had already popped once in my bathroom!

 We dissected the balloon arch and played badminton with it. 


 Ryan helped Dustin with some soil samples for his work.

 We made some knockoff Crumble cookies.  They were yummy and huge.
 We did a little family history (this is how we do family history around here).
 Grant and Dustin did another try at flying kites and this time they were very successful.

 We had a large moon.
 I went on a hike with my friends.  We hiked 6.5 miles, talked and got caught up on each other's lives. It was so nice to be with people again!  We social distanced as much as possible.  It was refreshing for my soul!
 Our Primary Presidency did an Ice Cream Truck.  How fun is this??  They played loud primary music and came around the neighborhood passing out ice cream sandwiches and popsicles.  Such a cute idea!


 We had Lana over for a Mother's Day dinner on the day before Mother's Day.  We ordered R&R BBQ and then roasted smore's.  It was fun to get together again!




 And then the kids ran through the sprinklers!

 On Mother's Day everyone let me sleep in, and then I got an amazing breakfast in bed!  Creme Brulee French Toast and lots of fun homemade cards.  I love Mother's Day!

 Even Pepper gave me a gift (it is a bag of dog food).
 I took some time and pampered myself with a pedicure, and my family made a yummy dinner and gave me gifts, and they attempted to have no fighting all day long.  (That is what I ask for every year, and they mostly fulfill it...)


 Now that the kids are almost as big as we are, they think it is so fun to have Dustin try to carry them.  Good thing he is so strong.
 Lots of school at home.  And we are so close to being done!!  (Grant is actually all done, but everyone else is still finishing up assignments)
 I love Dustin.
 We made some exciting home improvements this week!  We had an electrician come and put lighting in our living room, a bathroom fan in our upstairs bathroom and power to two of our sheds.  Now we have a floodlight in our backyard for some night basketball, and we will be able to finally make our sprinklers automatic!  That will be so wonderful!  
 Dustin spent all day Saturday finishing up with the lights and cleaning out the shed so that it is more usable.
We tried homemade donuts.  I didn't love them.  We air fried some and deep fat fried some.
 Our neighbor's daughter got married and the neighbors were invited to watch from our yards.  Our first ever socially distanced wedding!
  I keep getting cute cards from my preschoolers.  This one arrived a couple of days ago.  So fun!
 When we cleaned out the shed, we found all sorts of entertaining things: the hammock, volleyball net and tether ball, to name a few.  My neighbor came over and asked if we were having a family reunion at our house.  Ha ha!  Nope, we are just getting desperate for new entertainment!

 Dustin and I went on a date.  We ordered take-out and then hiked up above the temple and watched the sunset and ate our dinner.  It was so fun and nice to do something different.  We live in such a beautiful area!  I love where we live.


Over the last two weeks, the State has gone from Red to Orange to Yellow, which means that we now can meet in groups of 50 or less, and businesses are back open.  Life is slowly getting back to normal.  We've let our kids begin getting together with friends.  We still have church at home.  We still wear masks in public, but there are more people out and about.  I know that soon we will be done with so much forced family time and a slowed down life.  I'm a mixture of sad and happy about this.  I know it is good for my kids to have other influences besides me and Dustin.  I know that in order for them to appreciate our family, they might need some time apart from each other.  But, overall, I have really loved the extra time with my kids and not always having somewhere to be.  The goal now will be to get back to a little more normal, while taking on a little less and prioritizing our family time.  I hope we can do it!

No comments: