Sunday, May 3, 2020

Wiberg Corona Quarantine Week 6 & 7

Week 6 and 7 only had a few pictures on my camera (especially compared to last week).  I think after our intense 3 days of the scavenger hunt that we were all a little burned out and we only did what was absolutely necessary.  We did receive our Nintendo Switch that week, we attended a "graduation" of a daughter of some of our favorite friends, and I did a quick shopping trip and realized as I was walking in that I was wearing socks and sandals.  But, during quarantine, some sacrifices have to be made, including our self respect.


 Dustin, Maren and I went to Gramma Lana's and helped clean up her yard for a couple of hours.  We planted our garden (yay!) and the kids have been having "socially distanced" hangouts with their friends, on walks and in random church parking lots where they can see people face to face and talk.


 Both girls set the goal to learn how to do hair, and so I have been a willing practice dummy while they try out new hairstyles.  


 Maren broke her new phone screen.  (As you can see, we really have been boring if this was newsworthy for the week).
 My friend, Jen Smith, has done book clubs for the kids for many years, but decided that it was time to call it quits.  So she brought us over a huge bag of books that she would have used for book club and the kids have been happily reading new material all week.  She is an angel!
 Grant finished up his Influential American report and monologue.  The influential American that he chose was Bing Crosby.  He had to write a rhyming poem all about Bing's life and we recorded it and sent it to his teacher.  He also had to do a PowerPoint and write a report.  It's a pretty big project that takes half of the 5th grade year to complete.  Usually the 5th grade classes do a Wax Museum, but this year, the Wax Museum will be on YouTube.
 Hill Airforce Base did a flyover to honor all the medical professionals dealing with the pandemic.  They flew right over our house!  It was so cool!
 Our ward instigated an Art Walk.  People are decorating their yards with random forms of art and when we walk the neighborhood, it is so fun to see what people have done.  As we've walked, we've seen origami birds hanging from trees, posters and yard signs, lots of cool sidewalk chalk art, flamingo's with face masks all over a lawn, a large boulder painted to look like a frog, and other fun things.  We painted a huge Pacman game and the Tangled flower on our driveway, and Dustin made a smiley face out of grass clippings on our front lawn.





These last couple of weeks have probably been the hardest of Quarantine.  I think everyone is getting a little tired of our social isolation, and a little tired of school at home.  With the warmer weather (which has been so nice), everyone is feeling like we should be done with this thing.  But, we are not.  My hope is that I can find some new things to change up our schedule.  School is ending on May 15th, so that will be really nice.  We are finding things to look forward to this summer (potential camping and possibly a trip to Southern Utah).  We've had some friends do fun drop offs of baked goods or books.  People are thoughtful!  And, I'm praying like crazy for our sanity to stay in tact.  And, I'm confident that it will!  

No comments: