Sunday, October 11, 2020

A 99.9% Finished Kitchen!!

 We finally finished our kitchen!!  Well, we are about 99% done with it, anyway.  There is a little calking to be done and a couple of spots where paint needs to be touched up.  I wasn't thinking, and didn't take a good before picture, so I went back through the years and found a few pictures that showed us in the kitchen.  By looking at all of them, I think you can get the general idea of what the kitchen was, for the "before".  Plus, then you can look at my adorable kids when they were so tiny and cute!!  Just try to remember to look at the kitchen and not just at those cute kiddos.

This is the "before we moved in" before.  The walls were dark red in the kitchen and met up with the dark teal in the living room.  It was awesome.

Our hall closet that can no longer be hidden in during hide and seek.


The half wall is no longer.  And look at those squishy little faces!

A few years and a new microwave, later.

And now the remodel.  Goodbye hall closet.


I decided I wanted the half wall gone.
New ceiling texture to match where it meets up with the living room.  If it seems like a strange texture, apparently it is.  At least according to the ceiling guy when I asked him about it.  He said the previous owner probably just made it up as he went along.  Which is pretty typical for the previous owner!  But at least now it matches.  And when it is painted white, it looks a lot less conspicuous.

Cabinets coming in.  It ended up being quite a wait for the finished cabinet product.  The cabinet doors had something wrong with the paint, so the company came back a couple of weeks later and replaced them and put handles on them.
We love this feature of a hole in the cutting board that goes right over the garbage can.  I also love the hiding garbage can.
The appliances came in and I love them!  This griddle is one of our favorite features on our stove.  We use it multiple times daily.
The railing came in.
After a 3 week delay due to Corona (not us), our counter tops and sink came in.
And then, Favorite Cousin Shaun came and helped (mostly did, with a little help from Dustin) our tile backsplash.  Seriously, what took him a few hours, would have taken us much, much longer. 



And now, the finished kitchen!!







The new hall wall (where the old closet was).
We are seriously so excited!
As I've used the new kitchen over the last little while, I have decided I don't actually mind a small kitchen, when it is functioning properly.  I love having everything right at my fingertips!  We have 6 feet of counter space that we didn't have before.  And the counter tops are level, so when something spills, it doesn't go right to the back of the counter.  There is a wider gap between the two sides, so it feels more spacious.  My fridge and dishwasher doors don't bump into each other when they are both open!  I have more cabinet space.  I actually have a bigger fridge, even though it is counter depth.  My lighting makes everything so bright and happy!  All of the chocolate brown is gone, so everything just feels so light and clean!  Ahh, I am happy and grateful to have this kitchen. 

No comments: