Sunday, September 27, 2020

Progress On The Kitchen and All The Other Things

 I feel like the kitchen remodel is always a consuming thought (unless we are having a corona tests, earthquakes, or hurricane force winds, of course.  It's just that for two weeks we haven't had any of those things.)
But there have been other things that have been going on.  We went to a rodeo (the first for our kids) with Gramma Lana and Emma, who is now living in Utah!  Yay!  We love it when the nieces and nephews move closer.


I decided to refinish our kitchen table.  The color didn't really work with our new cabinets, so I bought a sander, sanded off the top and refinished it.  It was a fun project, was pretty easy and really didn't take too long!  That's the kind of project I like to tackle!


We had a fun family home evening on preparedness.  We practiced our first aid skills on toys and we are happy to report that everyone made a full recovery! 


Some kitchen things did actually happen this week that should be mentioned. We made some good progress on some big things.  We got the rest of our cabinet faces on and our sink and our counter tops came in!  We were on hold for 3 weeks longer than we planned when the counter top people got shut down due to Covid.  Now, I can cook in my stove and wash dishes in my dishwasher.  And I have to say, it is such a lovely feeling!  We are getting so close to being done!  I'm hoping we can get a start on backsplash this week (and maybe a finish).  Then the rest of the electrical outlets need to be put in, and then we are done!  Woohoo!


Our friend gave us a wig to play with.
I went on a getaway with my girl friends and stayed in my friend's cabin.  We talked, ate yummy food and worked on projects.  It was so relaxing and nice!  I worked on my photo book and started a t-shirt quilt for Avery.  And sadly, it takes a retreat to find extra time right now, so hopefully it doesn't take me until next year to finish them!  Also, the leaves were changing and it was so beautiful!



It is canning season, and my kitchen became usable just in time!  We have been drying apples and canning pears this week. 



It is also apparently time to harvest our pumpkins.  The deer eat a little more every day of my precious garden.  The pumpkins are my babies and it makes me so mad when I see them chomped!  This watermelon was a casualty, as well.  Look at this crime scene!



Avery got asked to the Homecoming dance.  It was kind of a homemade Homecoming that the boys put together in someone's back yard, but they did a great job!  She had fun!  Last Homecoming for this Senior.



No comments: