November started off with a Veteran's Day concert by Maren. She did a great job.
Dustin and Grant spent a half a day cleaning our fish tank, buying new filters and supplies and adding more fish to the tank. And then the fish started dying... Poor little fish.
Dustin and I went on a triple date with friends to the Ogden Temple and then to dinner afterward. It was so fun to be with good friends.
Ryan and I hung Christmas lights (some were left up from last year, but we added to it).
Grant made this hat in CCA (a class that is Home Ec and Shop, rolled into one).
Maren had an awards night for Cross Country. She worked hard this season and we are proud of her.
Apparently my kids thought the dog was cute this month because there were tons of pictures of her on my phone.
Ryan participated in the District Honor Band. They had two days of practicing together and then a performance with a guest conductor. They sounded so good! Funny story: Ryan had the option of submitting a try out video or doing a different assignment and he chose to try out because it was easier. But he purposely didn't do very well because he didn't want to make it. Well, he made it anyway. Haha! And, I think in the end that he had fun with it.
We ran in the Turkey Trot for the Cross Country team. We are not runners, but back in September, Dustin and I started running a few days a week to get ready for it. Our goal was to run without stopping, and we did it! And, we weren't very last place...
The boys have done so good practicing their instruments.
Avery came home for Thanksgiving! I went and got her on Monday night, and we decorated for Christmas that night when we got home. We've loved having her home this week.
On Wednesday we made pies and jello to get ready for Thanksgiving.
And then it was Thanksgiving Day! We had Jen and Jeff's family come and Dustin's parents were both here. The food was wonderful. The conversation was fun. It was a great day!
The boys are getting so big.
Congregating around an electronic, of course.
Friday was spent Black Friday Shopping (mostly by the kids) and visiting with Rod and Dustin's step sisters, Tami and Heather and their families. It was fun to see them.
My birthday was a couple of days later, and I requested that we go to Temple Square to see the (minimal) lights. Even though it is in construction, the lights that were there were beautiful. It is my favorite.
The temple, under construction.
We met Lana for dinner at PF Chang's and it was delicious.
I am very thankful for my family. I love having them all together, laughing and talking and having fun. I really love Thanksgiving. I love the food and preparation and the people around and the chaos. I love that it ushers in the Christmas season, where we think about the Savior so much more. What a great time of year! I have many things to be thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment