Well, it finally happened. And it didn't just happen, it HAPPENED (in all capital letters)! Remember all those fun things we did with family the week after Christmas? It actually ended up that we were hosting Corona Virus super spreader events. Who knew?! Grant started us all out by getting a sore throat and a fever on New Year's Eve, but by a day or so later, he was feeling mostly better, and I assumed that he had the cold that one of my sister's family had a week earlier, since we had all been together (they had tested three of their kids and all had tested negative for Covid). Nicole's family left on New Year's Day, and one of her kids was sick on the drive back to Cali. Within a couple of days, her whole family was sick, but Grant was better, except for a stomachache that he ended up coming home from school on Tuesday for. That afternoon I took him to the doctor to check for strep throat and as an after thought, and to cover all my bases for preschool, I had them do a Covid test, as well. I was so surprised when that test came back positive! What??? A day or so later, Maren was sick, and I had mild symptoms. A few days after that, Ryan had a sore throat. All the grandparents got sick. Multiple cousins and their parents got sick. This variant really is so contagious. Within a week, Utah's numbers had skyrocketed and the week after Ryan had it, the Junior High had gone to remote learning for a few days. I cancelled preschool for 2 weeks and Dustin worked from home. We are SO grateful that for our family, it was an annoying and inconvenient but mild illness. All of our grandparents and family members recovered well. We know for so many it is much worse, and we feel so thankful that for us, it wasn't.
Lots of nasal swabs occurred (which we don't think were totally accurate)
No comments:
Post a Comment