Sunday, June 5, 2022

May

The month of May was a busy one and it flew by!  Dustin's dad and his aunts Julia, and Kristy and uncle Lynn all came down to go with us to the Tabernacle experience in Bountiful.  It was a lot of fun and our third time attending it!  We should be Tabernacle pro's at this point!


We had many band concerts in May.  Maren played at the State Band Competition and I helped drive instruments down to Lehi so I got to watch them perform.  They did so well and earned top marks for all their songs.
She also had her final band concert of the year and of her euphonium career.  This is her last year of band.  We have loved listening to her play and watch her hold that big instrument around all these years.  It has been a joy for us!  (But hauling that huge instrument has not been a joy for her, and she won't miss that aspect of it)


The boys both had their final band concerts of the year and did great!


Dustin and I took Lana to dinner for Mother's Day and then to see the flowers on Temple Square.



Our family went up to Logan to do baptisms for the dead with Rod on a Saturday afternoon.  It was so much fun to be there together! 



The boys learning a new method to tie ties.
A few months ago, Dustin participated in a BYU Men's Chorus reunion to film a YouTube video.  The video was released and we found Dustin in it!  And it seemed like he might have been singing the correct words!
Dustin and the kids made me a Mother's Day breakfast in bed and then a fancy dinner that night.  I love Mother's Day.  I love being a mother.




I went to lunch with some of my best friends.
Maren wrapped up her track season at the end of May.  We got out of school a week earlier than usual, so track went right up until the last week of school!  She qualified to run in the State Meet in the 4X800 meter relay.  She ended with a personal best time and a letter in track and had a fun season.  



Two weeks before school got out, our secondary water came on and flooded our basement.  The silver lining in having a torn up preschool was that I tested positive for Covid that same day and had to cancel class anyway.  Luckily, my symptoms stayed mild and the preschool dried out and I was able to finish out the preschool year.
I was in charge of a Senior Banquet for our Senior young men and young women.  It was while I had Covid, but I still helped set it all up and they tell me the dinner went great.
Ryan finished out his Spring season of soccer.  His team did really well and he even made a goal!

We set up our Christmas ping pong table and the kids are becoming masters.
I finished the preschool year and we had a fun graduation program and dinner in our backyard.  It has been a great preschool year!



No comments: