Monday, November 5, 2007

Family Night at the Wibergs



This is what I walked in to the bathroom to find tonight. When I asked her why she did it she said "I wanna play wid dis" (pointing to the empty toilet paper roll). Like "duh, Mom, why do you think I did it?" So I gave her the empty roll and she played with it for about 45 seconds and then moved on to the next toy. Then it was time for Family Home Evening. Dustin helped the girls get in a really reverent mood by playing "Raging Bull" with them (in case you are not familiar with Raging Bull, this is where Dustin lays on the floor on his back, the daughter of choice tightly wrapped in his arms and then he violently jerks and wiggles his body all over the floor-thus the raging bull). After prayer we sang "Doe a deer" (Maren's choice-we are huge Sound of Music fans), "Twinkle Twinkle" (also Maren's choice), and "I've been working on the railroad" (Avery's choice). Then I gave a 1 minute 30 second lesson on the wise and foolish men. Then we played Animal Game, where Dustin was a kangaroo three different times with each child being his joey. His shirt will never be the same. Maren by this time was quite wound up, as you can imagine, and in her excitement she hit little Ry man. Don't worry, he's fine and becoming a very tough little boy. Then I tickled him until just before he got the hiccups because I'm slightly addicted to his cute little laugh. For our treat we had Halloweeen candy and pie and then all good little girl's and boy went to bed by 8:25. They are all still on the old time. Another successful Family Night. Anyone is welcome to attend next week-same time, same place and more than likely the same activities.

7 comments:

Pulcheria said...

What a fun night! The picture is great! Bree did the same thing to (for the same reason) except the toilet paper all ended up in the toilet - because that's where it goes after it comes off the roll. Ah, ingenuity!

Lindsay said...

How fun that you guys have a blog, too! I'm excited to see more pics of your kids.

Funny FHE story. Don't you love how those dads get the kids all riled up at just the right moment? They both love it though.

Braithie said...

How come Dust never plays "raging bull" with me?

Michele said...

Hey you guys!!! I found you through Rachel's blog. How fun this is. We just started one too last month-our link is on Rachel's blog too. I hope you're loving Salt Lake. We'll be down there next month, I can't wait!! Take care.

The Collins Gang said...

Believe it or not, but a guy was reading your blog! I'm excited for you guys. You kids are getting so big and I've known you guys are great parents! I love blogspot, it's a great way to stay in touch with what everyone is doing. Our blogspot is thecollinsgang.blogspot.com.

Funny thing. I noticed you had Harry Connick Junior "Let it Snow" on your play list... right before I linked to your blogspot I was listening to that on my own i-tunes! Good taste! I'm glad you're all doing good! Tell everyone hi for us!

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

We just want you to know that we really like the Christmas music - and the chance to see pictures of the grandkids!

Grampy & Grandma Dot

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

That is hilarious. I don't know how I missed this post last time I was at your blog.
Toilet paper rolls are fun...I guess. At least for 45 seconds.
Great blog.
: ) Heidi