Friday, November 9, 2007

Merry Christmas!


As some of you may know, or may have noticed by my music on this blog, I LOVE Christmas. I mean, I really love Christmas. On the day after Halloween when they start playing Christmas music on KOZY 106.5, I feel a twinge of sadness. Not because Christmas has become so commercialized that they are pushing it before Halloween even gets over, but because that means that there are less than 2 more months left before it is over! Not that I totally love the commercialization of it, although I do love to wander the aisles of trees, singing Santa's and toys. It's just that Christmas is the happiest time of the year. Everyone is happy and thinking of others. I love it so much, that I start listening to Christmas music in July or August (this is not a joke). Bless my dear husband, who puts up with a lot.


Some people may dread all those fattening, sugary treats that will pile up around their house. I say, bring on the sugar!! Others may not have time to fill out those tons of Christmas cards. Are you kidding? I am a stay at home mom. My favorite time of day is about 1 minute after the mail comes. I fill those cards out happily, with the hopes of receiving that much mail from everyone I sent one to (why yes, this is a subtle hint that I really want a Christmas card from all of you because I love getting mail almost as much as I love Christmas). I get to tell my kids to stop fighting because Santa Claus is watching, and it actually works! I love everything about it: lights, decorations, shopping, eating, giving gifts, anticipation, singing, making of Christmas chains. And believe it or not, I do know that the real purpose behind it is to celebrate the birth of our Savior, and I love that part of it too.


So roll your eyes if you will when I put my tree up before Thanksgiving. Make fun if you want when I do TWO advent calendars--one in November, one in December. But just remember, there is a naughty list, so you better watch out...

9 comments:

Monica said...

Ooooh! I could smell pine trees and see green and red lights as I read this post. I love christmas too. And although I don't start listening to Christmas music before Halloween, I do think about listening to Christmas music before Halloween. That counts.

I wish we could be there to make chains, drink hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies with you. Ahh, maybe one day...

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

Love the Christmas music! YOu really have to start listening right after Halloween- The season is just so short!
Cute pics too!
h

Pulcheria said...

Wahoo for Christmas lovers. I am right in there with you. Yesterday Bree and I spent 20 mintues looking at lights and trees at Home Depot while Danny was off buying...something.

Kent & Beka said...

You are so cute, carolyn. We love christmas too- ours started this week when we went to pick up our tags to go cut our tree. I am excited about thanksgiving, but even more so because that means christmas is next!

Tamie said...

hey, i'm all into the christmas card thing. i do like sending and especially receiving...and i'm really hoping that i'll get mine out this year. i really felt bad last year when i got cards from people that have never sent us one and then i never got around to sending any out...i'm working on it already. :) looking forward to getting yours. :)

Rachel said...

Aww, me too! I want to put my tree up now but I feel guilty. I feel like I would be doing a diservice to Thanksgiving or something but I totally want to put up the tree!!!

severts6 said...

Carolyn- I tagged you on our blog. I hope that you don't mind. I'm excited to get to know you a little better. :)
- Amber

ps. our tree has been up for weeks now and our Christmas lights outside. i think that it adds to the whole holiday season, not just Christmas.

Anthony said...

That's so awesome, I wish you were here to decorate my place! I'm still taking down Halloween ;) Thanks for sending me your link- now we can keep in touch better. Your kids are so cute!!!

Cari

Tamie said...

i changed our address...so take note so you don't get lost. :)