Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More Vacationing

Recently, we spent a couple of weeks with my family, who were here from Washington, Ohio and Illinois. Dustin spent the first week with us, and then I stayed at my parents house with my sisters Jen and Monica and their kids, without any husbands. The kids had fun playing with cousins and grandparents, and I had fun watching Food Network and playing games with my sisters. Here is our vacation, in review:

We took a family picture (or two, or a hundred)

We went camping and canoeing

We ate lots of dirt and rocks


We had a birthday!! (by "we" I mean Ryan and aunt Rosa)


Ryan turned three and Rosa turned twenty nine (right, Rosa?) and she especially loved her dump truck cake.


We wore matching shirts and ate matching popsicles with those people who were born on the same day as us.

We (the mothers) took lots of children to a lake, and they all survived it


We (the women) went to Pride and Prejudice at the Shakesperean Festival while they (the men) watched all the kids, and they (the men and kids) survived it

We held these deliciously cute things

We had so much fun with our family!


And we did so much more (you can thank me for not adding even more pictures of the horse riding, the Greenshow, the wrestling...) So, you see, I didn't watch Food Network and neglect the children the WHOLE time.
p.s. Monica did NOT help with the cake, but she likes to take undeserved credit. And she's so dang cute and lives so far away that we let her.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE that dump truck cake! So cute!

Nicole said...

MMM, I wish I could come back. Every day. And kiss all of you.

Courtney said...

You guys look like you are having a blast! I can definitely tell which ones are your family members, you all look alike!