
In continuing with our goal of visiting areas close to home that we have never been to, we made a very spontaneous trip this weekend to see the Castle Valley Mormon Pageant. I'm amazed at how I could grow up in a small town, in this state, and yet not have heard of many of the small towns that were in this area. The pageant was really well done with live horses and covered wagons and enough excitement to keep my oldest three children entertained. Grant entertained himself by eating rocks, throwing rocks and banging rocks on the seats.
We mingled with the locals at the park and the rodeo (just peeking in from the outside gates) and ate at their little restaurant.
We stopped by to visit an old friend from our RA days at Utah State and then went to the "Mini Grand Canyon" in the San Rafael Swell (pronounced by the locals as Rafell, in case you ever want to go mingle, too).
And just in case you think I am really brave to be on this ridiculously unguarded, way too high ledge, just know that I am TERRIFIED of heights. But, I must be brave for my children (you can't see, but I am clutching Maren's hand because she is not terrified of heights).






6 comments:
What a fun summer! I am terrified of heights too, I would also have the death grip on them ;)
That looks really fun. I love things like that--just a simple vacations, packed with tons of fun things, and close to home...PERFECT!
I have never been to any of those things either! How did we not know about them. How have we not eaten in that little diner and mingled with the locals? I love you!
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! So glad you came to visit us!!! And I love your pictures in my backyard, heehee!!! SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! I'm glad you guys had fun!
Good thing you had brave Maren with you to hold your hand. Looks like a really great vacation.
Looks fun!! Hope you guys are doing well, we need to get together after my baby is born, only 9 more days!!
Post a Comment