Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good News, Bad News

The Good News:
The other morning I woke up to the cute sounds of Ryan talking in his high pitched voice to Grant. When I went in to their room, I found this:

Ryan had climbed in to Grant's crib and laid next to him with their foreheads almost touching and they were talking back and forth. So cute!
The Bad News:
It is only cute one time. It wasn't cute when Ryan woke Grant up this morning, and thus, mommy had to wake up after only 5 (or so) hours of sleep.

The Good News:
I cleaned my fridge and mopped a good portion of my floor this morning, all before breakfast!
The Bad News:
I had to because each son, in turn, spilled half a pitcher of orange juice.

The Bad News:
Ryan won't take naps anymore.
The Good News:
He spontaneously falls asleep all over the place!


The Good News:
After almost a year and a half, we finally got blinds in our bedrooms and living room!
(Why, yes that is Ryan, napping in my bed, after I just told you he won't. He's sick. Like ill-not like cool.)
The Bad News:
Thinking that we have a shield of brown paper, I regularly forget to close the blinds in our room before changing clothes. Sorry, neighbors.

The Good News:
Our friends, Greg and Amber, came and stayed with us!
The Bad News:
I didn't take a single picture. Except later, of my boys in the ties Amber showed me how to make (but aren't they great?).


The Good News:
Grant is a great eater! (when he wants to be)
The Bad News:
His favorite food is toilet paper.


The Good News:
Christmas is coming! And in lieu of our upcoming holiday season, I'd like to sing a little jingle: "And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again!"
The Bad News:
What?! You say Christmas isn't coming? Well, maybe not in YOUR house, but it is in mine. Next week.

9 comments:

Cari said...

Those pics of him sleeping in random places is so hilarious! My boys do that too and it cracks me up!

Courtney said...

I love pics of kids sleeping all over the place, I think they are awesome! I loved all your good news/bad news...so funny!

chicagosapps said...

Lol Carolyn. Those pictures are so cute. And you have wait until after Halloween before even MENTIONING Christmas. I'm so not ready even for school to start, what with our 5 page school supply list.

Nicole said...

He's devouring that toilet paper. And I cannot stop thinking about Christmas lately either! All I want to do is be in the middle of the fall season, sitting on my couch on a cold day eating a pumpkin roll and waiting for the holidays to come.

Tamie said...

that was such a fun post! you've got your hands full with those two boys...and the random sleeping: hil-arious!
TP to eat --- ugh...but at least it isn't something worse. bleck!
and christmas is coming to my house as well-- on monday morning and i.can't.wait!

Deanna said...

oh boys! this is what I have to look forward to. so cute :)

Rachel said...

this post is hilarious, i must say... i couldn't stop laughing. thanks! linc would never just nap anywhere... he has never fallen asleep in a random place (sometimes on us when he hasn't got a nap but that is VERY rare and a pain because he is whining as he is doing it).

Phil and Tessa said...

This post made me laugh out loud! I love the pictures of Ryan sleeping all over the place, and the two boys in the crib together is priceless. What a fun family you have!!

severts6 said...

I'm sad that we didn't take any pictures either! But those ties look great!

ps. This post is AWESOME!!!