
Today was the day-the first day of Kindergarten for Maren and 2nd grade for Avery. How exciting! Just to make it feel not so summer-y, it cooled down a lot in the night and felt like autumn this morning. Our girls have been getting ready for a while now. They picked out their outfit for the first day and got their backpacks ready and sharpened a whole lot of pencils. They each also got a new haircut for the event.

Dustin and I went to the Lion King, in anticipation of school starting.
Just kidding. It had nothing to do with school starting, we just wanted to go. I saw it about 10 years ago in London, and it is a great show. It was a little more exciting in London, with floor seats, to see the animals come walking down the aisles, than to watch it from the nosebleed section this time and only see the animals as they walk on the stage, but hey, who's complaining?! We were at the Lion King! On an actual date!


6 comments:
Such cute girls! I love the one of them hugging.
And yes, I do have a blog where I post when I've updated my real blog. It's simplyusupdates.blogspot.com.
Are there cuter little girls? I miss them so much. I can't wait to hear about their first day! I was just telling Matt today about picking out the first outfit to wear to school- laying them out on the floor, trying them on over and over. It was so exciting.
Oh my, how stinkin' CUTE they are!!! That is so exciting! And the Lion King?? That is awesome!!!!!!!
Talk about a couple of cute girls!! Love the haircuts, too!
Love ya!
Sure this comment is 2 weeks late, but cute, cute girls! I love the haircuts. Maren almost looks like a different kid with those cute bangs... :)
so cute, your girls are getting so big!
Post a Comment