
What more could a child want? Fish. They want fish. They have been saving for their $1.99 fish for months (they got distracted from the live ones when they saw Fur Real Pets and used their savings on those, which made them have to wait a little longer). But the wait was worth it!

Our newest pets are named Pongo, Midnight, Flame and Speedy or Chloe (I can't keep up). We have kept these alive for 4 whole days and I'm hopeful for the next 4.

Over Labor Day weekend we made a quick trip to Denver to see our niece, Emma, get baptized. It was a quick trip, but a really fun trip.

I bet you can't guess who got the short gene in Dustin's family (to pass on to his children).



It was great to see family. When we got home, our pet chickens gave us a welcome home present:

Hurray for pets!
6 comments:
yes we got a fish and it last approximately a day and a half. I then had to sneak it out of the house and get another one before the girls noticed! Good luck!
Fish make the best pets--although I'm not sure it could compete with a cute, cuddley chicken. Are you going to eat those eggs or let them hatch? haha!
I was relieved to see the small-ish fish tank. Poor dustin.
And sweet eggs! I can't wait until I have chickens!
I hate fish. They take a lot of work for not a lot of excitement. But I do remember a time when I loved them as well so I'm sure your kids are going crazy.
And whatever fun treat will you make with you beloved chicken eggs?
Holy wow, you have a lot of pets! The girls feed our pet snails salt and it makes them super happy. :)
How did I manage 2 hours at your house without anyone showing me the fish?? Apparently the excitement is wearing off :) Tell your kids I expect an introduction next Tuesday.
Post a Comment