Today, the whole family bonded by jumping on this together:
That trampoline there is ours. Some good friends gave it to us. Yes, you heard me correct. They bought it at our Scout Auction and already had one, so they just gave it to us. It was so, so nice of them. Hopefully tomorrow we'll put up the net, life saver (not lightsaber) thingy so we can avoid broken bones. This is going to be some great entertainment for the kids (and Dustin, who played with them for much longer than my body allowed me to). Oh, it is fun. After having my insides bounced around in a violent manner, I was good and carsick and didn't feel like cooking or eating anything tonight. So we had a "whatever you can find" dinner, i.e. cereal, toast, oatmeal, cheese, tortillas and other random cupboard findings. I had peaches and toast. That is my comfort food. Another comfort food of mine is homemade bread with butter and honey. I would be willing to venture that those are the comfort foods of choice of my siblings and probably my parents, too. It makes me think of sitting around the kitchen table at my childhood home, waiting for the bread to come out of the oven, and rubbing a stick of butter on the top when it does come out. Then my mom would slice a loaf and we would all eat it hot with butter and honey. Mmmm. The peaches (or pears) and toast served as our midnight snack and our sick food and I still love it-especially after pretending that my belly is rock hard, and not one that has housed four babies and now houses a dysfunctional bladder. Isn't comfort food funny? One of my BFF's comfort food is toast dipped in chocolate milk. Sick (no offense, Jacque). Dustin's is chips. I'm not kidding. Grant just told me that his is milk. Do you have a weird comfort food? Like cucumbers in vinegar? (I know people that like to eat that)
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am passing on the great legacy of chocolate milk and toast. Caleb asked for it for breakfast this morning. YUM!
Mine is a bowl of cereal, pears and toast, and homemade bread and jam for sure. Although, I think cereal is more of an addiction, seeing as I eat it constantly.
I think you are right, we all have the exact same comfort food. It actually makes me want to bake a loaf of homemade bread, which we all know isn't really going to happen anytime soon. Maybe one day.
Oh SPOILED!!! My kids would give their left leg just to have a trampoline and jump one-legged, hardeehar. Serious though, they would!
Lucky! You got to go to Chucky Cheese! I still remember as a kid missing out on Chucky because I got sick and only Nicole got to go to SLC with mom for a baby blessing or something and then they went to Chucky's and I was SO upset when I found out (and still am, as you can see).
My commfort food is the same, but I never have homemade peaches or homemade bread so I rarely get comforted.
Oh! And happy birthday Maron!!! I really meant to call...
Post a Comment