Maren is six. It happened a few days ago. She was a baby and then I blinked and she was six. And so, to celebrate, we did what any six year old who was denied a birthday party (out of sheer laziness of Mom) would choose to do, we went to Chuck-E-Cheese's, where a kid can be a kid. And we partied till the break of dawn. Or at least until 9 pm, which was already an hour past their bedtime. But the late night was worth it because look how happy she was to have her hands vibrated so hard that she had to let go of the handles.
And look at Grant with the helicopter (If you only knew how many times a day he has to tell me about a helicopter...going...over...mountain...carrying...pipes). The kid has an extreme love/hate relationship with helicopters right now. This one, he loved.
And here is Ryan driving (or should I say "steering") WAY too fast (Avery is helping because he couldn't actually reach the gas pedal).
And here is Avery (and me and Maren) so happy to be eating expensive, not all that amazing, pizza at the happiest restaurant on earth. I know I look sleepy. That is due to lack of sleep from the week before (but that is another post. Are you so excited?)
And here is Maren with her requested Littlest Pet Shop cake.
And the loot.
Maren is such a fun part of our family. She is tender hearted-she can't stand to see Grant get punished for anything and will go in to console him in his time-out, or come and ask me to get him out. She LOVES puppies! She asks for a puppy multiple times a week and when she blew all of her candles out and made a wish, she wished for a puppy, of course (she shouldn't have told us, now it can't come true. Ha ha!) She is my most responsible pet/chicken feeder-maybe trying to show me how well she'd take care of a puppy...
She loves to laugh and be silly. She is always pulling faces for the camera and talking in funny voices and making us laugh. She always remembers to bless people in her prayers that need it. She loves to paint and draw and we love getting little pictures on our pillows at night from her. We sure love our Mimi!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We love our little Maren, too! We can't believe how fast the years keep going by -- making it real hard to keep up! Love ya! Grandpa & Grandma
I haven't been to ChuckECheese in a bajillion years! It looks so fun! Glad she had a happy day!
I can't wait to go to Chuck E Cheese someday. Looks like you had lots of fun, happy birthday, Maren!
I have never been to Chuck E Cheese, but I am sure my kiddos would jump at the chance. I am glad to here that I am not the only Mom that chooses something like that over a birthday party. I suggest something different every birthday but it only works every once in a while.
I can't believe how big your kids are getting, so fun to see you this week, hopefully we can get together next week too!
somehow I missed this post. That was a fun cake:) I bet she loved it, a cake with presents on top. We love Maren!
And I love her prayers:)
Post a Comment