Sunday, May 8, 2011

What's Been Happening

Happy Mother's Day to everyone-especially my sweet mother and mothers-in-law.  I had a nice breakfast in bed and then a quiet day at church (only because 3 of my 4 were home sick with Dustin).  Tonight Dustin made a yummy lasagna for dinner and I have angel food cake in the kitchen just calling my name.  What a nice Mother's Day!  With everyone sick, we forgot to take any pictures.  So instead I'll just show you what has been happening around here for the last couple of weeks.
One day we went and played with our friends at a museum.

Another day we took our kids to Pirate Island (or something pirate-y sounding like that).  

 She's fake.

Wouldn't you be afraid of this guy?  He looks like Cher with her face melting off.
On one of our four days of sunshine in the last month we rode bikes and played outside.
Dustin is riding my bike.  I have my very own bike!  My neighbors were getting rid of it and asked if I would want it.  Oh yes, I do, thank you.  I've actually never ridden it on the road yet-only around my bumpy back yard, with a kid or two on the back.
We went to temple square to see the beautiful flowers.  Look at these angels.  
 Oh wait.




And the kids dressed up in our snow gear.

Avery very excitedly exclaimed "Look, I'm the Valentines Lady!"  I, I mean she, resents that.  That's totally not what she looks like!  She doesn't wear gloves and mittens on her feet.
And we tormented the chickens.
Don't judge.  What fun are chickens as pets if you can't torment them a little.  Plus, it is payback because they peck me.

And there you have it!      

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Your girls look so much like you! I'm glad you had a good mother's day. Were you at the church museum? I've heard they have a children's activity center on the second floor, but have never been.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn!!! Hi this is Tracy Cook. I am looking at your beautiful family and smiling so huge. Cute! I tried looking for an email for you and I don't have one. Steve and I are done in Logan finally and I am collecting contact info so we can be friends with people finally! :) Will you email me at tracyandsteveo@yahoo.com and let me know your email and mailing address. Thanks.

Cari said...

Yes, do tell where the fun museum and piratey place are- we'll be moving back this fall while Anthony's in Afghanistan, and I'm looking for some fun things to keep us occupied!

Nicole said...

Your kids are looking so big. I can't wait to come see you guys in a few more weeks! Miss you. And Happy Mother's Day!!

Megan said...

Your backyard looks like such a fun place! Maybe one day I will get to see it in person. I am a little jealous of the chickens, Rocky won't let me have any. Something about neighbors having to feed them while we are gone.

Lynnette said...

I'm pretty sure I did see 4 valentine's ladies in that picture.

And did I mention I want to jump on your trampoline? I think I forgot to mention it in your other post, but as soon as it stops raining... you know what I'm doing on my lunch break.