Thursday, January 12, 2012

How We Feel

Since mid-October, we have gone from feeling like this:

to feeling like this: 
about every other week.  Someone has been throwing up at our house almost constantly in the last three months.  Why?  What is wrong with us?  Have I mentioned that I absolutely hate to throw up?  And coming in second place for absolute hates is cleaning up other people's throw up, or smelling throw up, or trying to sleep, knowing that any minute, someone is going to throw up.  We're washing hands (truthfully, I can really only vouch for myself on this one.  But I assume others are, too).  I'm sanitizing things.  I'm washing clothes and bedding (constantly) in hot water.  Any tips?  Is anyone else getting sick a lot right now?  Is there something rotten leaching through the walls of my house, infecting us?  Is this (like every other problem in America) related to an increase in greenhouse gases in our atmosphere?  That last one was a joke, and if any of you answered yes, I'm going to personally come over to your house and breathe my mutant sick germs on you.  

8 comments:

Megan said...

It may be the greenhouse effect, because that sounds exactly like our house and we are a long way from your house. For the past 3 weeks it has started with one and then went to the others and then back again. Let me just say I am thankful for a washing machine, Clorox sanitizing spray and a husband that will do the dishes for me while I clean up barf, vomit and/or throw up.
I feel your pain.

Monica said...

1) It is most definitely greenhouse gasses. Now come to my house and breath on me. I would gladly have everyone in our house throw up if it meant you were coming to visit!

2)That snowman looks so sad.

3) It's really cold here

4) I hate cleaning up throw up and throwing up and fearing throw up also. So you're life stinks right now. But come infect me and we could have so much fun doing it together!

5) If I keep leaving comments will you name me the Comment Queen and send me a gift.

6) Speaking of gifts, I am totally going to mail your family's as soon as I figure out where in the world I put the materials for that "special project" I was working on. I seriously lost it all in the move (including my brain)

7) I apologize to anyone else who has read all these comments. However, I did not force you to do it.

8) .

Nicole said...

I have also been sick constantly for the past 3 months and Matt on and off. I hate being sick. I guess I'm luckier than you though because I don't have to clean up anyone's throw up...

Courtney said...

Your leaning snowman is hilarious! That is how we feel too. Mostly because although there is no snow, it is still on,y 20-30 degrees here so we are inside and going crazy!

Michele said...

Oh Carolyn, so not fun!!! Whenever my kids show signs of getting sick, I just pump them full of vitamin c. We give them the adult chewables, up to 2 a day of the 500 mg. That usually stops it in it's tracks or at least lessens it. Hope you all get better and SOON!

Lynnette said...

I just showered to remove Lili's vomit, so yes, I feel your pain. This is only round 2 of the stomach flu at our house this winter, but we have also had some nasty colds and ear infections. I'm also wondering what's up. I hope this is just a bad year and not the new normal!

But I did love the Snowman's sad demise :)

CrazyMom said...

We had that bug for a little bit. It it quite the nasty one and it can stick around for months, as you unfortunately know. What worked for us was this -

1 - Hand sanitizer. Generally I am very anti hand sanitizer, but I had my family use it any time they touched their faces, coughed, etc. Essentially constantly, along with lotion to not dry out.

2 - Vitamin C and Umcka. I swear by the Umcka, great stuff! Vitamin C once daily, Umcka we normally do 2x a day.

3 - Just keep sanitizing, washing linens, etc.

I hope that you all get better soon! Sorry to hear you have been so sick.

Jacque said...

Remember the time(s) I fell asleep in institute and I was in the same position as that second picture of the snowman? That was awesome!