Monday, January 2, 2012

It Was A Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas, with some Christmas Eve bowling and a surprise visit from a very wise man and a humble shepherd (my parents).  Please take notice of my first ever win over my husband.





A child or two woke us up every 15 minutes from about 1:45 till 3 a.m. and then finally slept until 6:02 a.m. when we let them get up.  I also had to sneak out in the middle of that and run to my neighbor's backyard to retrieve Dustin's surprise wheelbarrow.






The kids drew names and made their person a gift this year.  They had so much fun doing this and that gift was one of their favorites.  Avery made Grant this little quilt.
Did I mention that my sweet neighbor, bought our family (and every other family on our street) Christmas?  She did.  A lot of it.  So much that I gave a lot away, and saved some for upcoming birthdays.  She is a very charitable woman.
Our "every other week" stomach bug hit Dustin Christmas day (luckily after church), and me next, so for a couple of days after Christmas I just laid around and let Dustin and the kids run wild in the messy house.  It was pretty good timing for being sick.
And now, the New Year has come, Christmas is put away, and the house feels very bare.  But clean.  Which is a good trade-off.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE it! Looks like they had a blast! And Jack-Jack got that same church outfit! So cute!

Courtney said...

Looks like your kids had an awesome Christmas! And holy cow about the lady on your street! What a nice, generous thing to do.

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

Happy new year. Thanks for making it a great Christmas and weekend. We will always remember Bethlehem dinner. They ate well 2000 years ago.

Jen said...

I love Ryan and Grant in their sylin' new church clothes- I also love how they're about the same size :)

Nicole said...

It was so fun to be with you guys last year for Christmas. It made me homesick for your family.