Sunday, June 24, 2012

Also Growing Up

Avery is growing up.  She had a birthday last week and turned nine. Nine!  Where did my baby go?  They are all growing up too fast, if you ask me.  For her birthday party this year, Avery requested a Late Night (i.e., a sleepover over without sleeping over).
Dustin hooked up a neighbor's laptop projector and the kids watched a big version of a movie and ate pizza.  Then we had cake and ice cream and she opened presents.  


The next half hour was filled with chants of "hit the dad" (and occasionally "hit the mom") in a huge pillow fight.  I was definitely the winner (in that I didn't get knocked out).  


We did the family birthday part after all the friends went home, so it ended up truly being a "late night."  
But she had fun and hopefully she knows how much we love her!  And that we do.  Avery is a great big sister to her siblings.  She is responsible, helpful, courteous and kind...  Avery loves animals (my poor, dog deprived children).  She rides her bike very well and is a whiz on the monkey bars.  Her favorite color is lime green and her favorite thing to draw is a peace sign (as evidenced by her cake request).  She loves to sing and is constantly singing whatever song happens to be going through her head at that time.  Luckily for us, she has a beautiful voice.  She is very crafty and loves to make new cards, pot holders and many other things.  She is a lot of fun, loves to laugh and we are so glad she is in our family!

4 comments:

Megh said...

How fun! I still remember Avery's beautiful singing voice from the preschool music class I did 6 years ago! We were blown away when started singing "Doe, a Deer" from The Sound of Music, and knew the entire song! What a talented girl!

Megan said...

Looks like a lot of fun things are happen at your house! I really like late nights we have them at our house too. Just the right amount of fun and not to over powering if you know what I mean.

Courtney said...

I remembe when it was just your two girls when we lived in Aggie Village. My, how time has flown since then! Love your peace sign cake, I could never do something as adventurous as that.

Nicole said...

We love Avery!! How fun that we got to be there on her birthday, even if it was after she went to bed:) We miss you guys so bad but can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. In honor of you coming, I finally finished painting the last of our doors that I've been working on for 2 years!! Yeah for extra motivators.