Three of my kids started school this week. Whoa! I must admit, it was a little quiet and boring for me and Grant to be all alone. Luckily, I start watching Lynnette's twins this week. That should add a little noise. Avery was well enough to go, but unfortunately, Maren, Ryan and I were all still sick on the first day. I was able to peel myself out of bed to help Avery get ready, but Dustin took her. This is what she looked like before she left. So grown up.
Two days later, Maren and Ryan finally were fever free! It was a very long two days.
I worried a little about how Ryan would do with his first day of kindergarten. Do you remember this reaction on the first day of preschool? This year, he did so great! He lined right up and wouldn't even come in with me beforehand to meet his teacher. She had to come to the line and meet him. He was very ready. It probably helped to have to miss a couple of days at first.
And now we are back in the swing of things. Last week Avery did a little cheer camp with her good friend from school. (Yes, they are the same age)
They cheered during half time of the high school football game.
She had a lot of fun and I over heard her tell her teacher that she wants to be a cheerleader some day. Hmmm. Luckily, Dustin and I didn't have a lot of coolness, mostly nerdiness, so our children are probably more destined for that. (Notice I said "didn't". It's a different story now. Now we are oozing with coolness. Like wicked coolness. See what I mean! )
No comments:
Post a Comment