Sunday, December 2, 2012

I Had A Birthday, Shout Hooray!

This week I had a birthday.  I am now officially 34 (as opposed to being unofficially 34, which is what I have been for the last few months).  34 is awesome.  Almost as awesome as this:
Almost.
I had a great birthday though.  I got permission to make my own cake, and that was fun.  It was a 4-layer red velvet cake with cream cheese whipped cream frosting.  For my birthday night, Dustin brought home dinner and then we went bowling.  I got last place.  But I'm OK with that because on your birthday, you can pretend that last is the best of all the game!
And now we are officially in December (as opposed to the unofficial last 4 months around my house).  And to kick off the Christmas season, Avery had a choir concert.  They did a great job and sang so beautifully.  They're no Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but kind of, because the Assistant Choir Director is the also the Assistant Choir Director for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (his kids are in Avery's choir and his wife conducts).

This week I also took the girls to see the play, "The Christmas Carol," that our neighbors are in.  Their friend's got tickets for my girls to go see them perform.  It was a lot of fun.
What a great start to this most wonderful time of the year!

3 comments:

Camile said...

Hooray - happy official birthday to you!!!

I've been thinking about reading the Christmas Carol as a family, but wasn't sure if the language would be too hard to follow. I think I'll at least read it.

Stacie said...

I can't believe how grown up your kids are! They are beautiful!!! Looks like you've been having fun:-)

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad it went so well, and your cake looks delicious:)