Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

We did have a happy Thanksgiving this year.  We headed to Delta for some delicious food and wild roller skating.  And roller skate wildly, we did!  My parents were there and some long lost relatives and we had a great day visiting and playing together.  Have I ever mentioned how grateful I am to have such an amazing family? Because I do have an amazing family, both mine and Dustin's.




We got home that night in time for me to go shopping with my mom and Lynnette at the Black Thursday mayhem at Wal-Mart.  I think moving Black Friday to Thanksgiving night is so completely annoying that if it wasn't for the fact that I always need things that go on sale, I would totally ban shopping on Black Thursday.  However, I got what I needed/wanted!!  And it was kind of nice to not be up at 4 AM.  So much for teaching Wal-Mart a thing or two. Friday night we went to Dustin's Grandpa's annual Christmas dinner and had another fun evening of visiting with family.  Dustin's dad and step-mom were in town, so they came over and helped us decorate our Christmas tree.  Somehow I didn't take any pictures.  But here we are today in front of the tree.
Yesterday, we took our kids on a hike and watched the sunset over the temple near our house.  It was a lovely afternoon.  I love the temple.  And I love my family.

1 comment:

Camile said...

I love holidays with lots of family! Sounds like you guys had a good Thanksgiving. (btw, I love the jeans you have on in the roller skating picture - so cute!) I miss being able to take our family to temple square - I'm glad we did it a lot while we were still there so my girls can hopefully have memories of it.

My sis-in-law and her little family are in Detroit, MI right now. It was a 13 hour drive for them - so really not too close (but closer than Idaho/Utah). They will probably be living there through December. It was so good to have family with us. It was crowded! But to me that's what makes a holiday feel like a holiday - lots of cousins and family in close quarters.