Sunday, February 24, 2013

Surprises!

Whenever I start to get extremely stir crazy because we haven't had sunshine in two months and I have two feet of snow surrounding my yard, I take it upon myself to plan a little gift for "Dustin".  These little gifts are actually for me so that I can endure an endless winter.  And even though we go to another Land Of Winter, at least we have a change of scenery!  This year I surprised Dustin with an early Valentine's gift to a fun little Swiss Resort, near Park City.  It was such a relaxing day and a half.

We got some much needed R & R and enjoyed a quiet day together.  It was lovely.
Valentine's Day did come a few days later, bringing the traditional Valentine's Lady (Come on!  I know you want to make this your tradition!).



She brought kisses and candy, and this year, she was sporting a mustache.  That was a surprise to us all.

Dustin and I have a tradition where during the week of Valentine's, he takes the girls on a date, and I take the boys on a date.  I took the boys to McDonald's (believe me, that was a preferred date for them).  Dustin took the girl's to the local high school production of The Little Mermaid.  They didn't know where he was taking them, and they were surprised and excited.  Maren's friend was in the cast.

And another surprise?  I can still blow a big bubble.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I loved your surprises! We all have to do things to keep ourselves sane during these dreary months, right?

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

Looks fun!

Aaron and Camile said...

I thought you were going to say you're pregnant!

Oh well, these were good surprises too! :) Aaron and I need to get away too. I wish we would have taken advantage of having family close when we were in UT. I LOVE the valentine lady - ha ha - mustache and all!

Nicole said...

Yeah for getaways! I'm glad you went. I'm glad you're kids will get such a fun tradition as Valentine's Lady to remember. They look ecstatic about the kisses on their faces:)