On Monday I took the boys and met up with my sisters at a Children's Museum. For how close we live to each other (about 30 minutes) we really don't get together enough. This was a fun afternoon though, and a nice break from the normal.
This picture was taken right before Grant moved in for a kiss. She is a very patient cousin.
Ryan and Isaac.
This was the Music Room, and we made a lot of, um, music.
Olivia riding the horse.
Hello, Mr. President.
Ryan has a great imagination. I think he actually thought he was riding a real horse right here.
Baby Caden.
A few days later Lynnette and I went to a cooking class that Dustin had given me for Christmas (and Lynnette was nice enough to come along, too). It was called "Cooking Without a Recipe". It was so much fun. It was like being on a Food Network Challenge. There was a table full of ingredients and each group got to pick whatever we thought would be "wild" and "bold". My group made roasted veggies in bacon grease with marjoram and mint (and a few other yummy spices), couscous seasoned with garlic, cilantro and lime, and tilapia with an apricot cream sauce. It all turned out so delicious and it was so much fun. The last couple of days I have been using my new found cooking bold-ness and have been cooking without using a recipe and just adding what I think will taste yummy. So far, so good.
Me and the ladies in my group.
Yesterday, our thermometer read 64 degrees outside, so we loaded the kids up and headed to Park City for the afternoon. It was a beautiful day and very busy in Park City. We walked up and down Main Street, rode the trolley and ate pizza. It was nice to get out of town.

4 comments:
That looks like a fun museum, I don't know how we missed that one (or maybe the exhibits changed). Congrats on the new job, hope all goes well!
Looks like a fun time.
I have always wanted to go to that museum, it looks like tons of fun. And yes, we know the Flakes :) They are in my in-laws home warm. Small world!
I am so happy for your change in jobs!!! And how nice that you got a little stay-cation in-between!
We have a picture with that same moose when we went to Park City just before moving here. Did you run into Will Smith too? (We're cool like that)
I can't wait to get into the 50 degree range let alone 60's - how nice!
Post a Comment