Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring & What Is Going On

This is my favorite time of year.  I absolutely love Spring!  We took the kids on a walk around our State Capitol.  We have a beautiful Capitol, with a lovely cherry tree lined walk all the way around it.  As you can see, the trees were in full bloom.


During Spring, my kids bring me flowers every day.  Yes, they are picked from my yard, but I don't even care!  I love getting flowers and I love that my kids want to give me flowers!  I currently have three flower "arrangements" on my table.  Here is a little bouquet that Avery made me and left me to find when I went to bed.
 Maren lost a front tooth!
We took our kids to a pro soccer game.  As is typical of Spring, our once beautiful weather was below freezing that night!

 I love to find my kids surrounded by a pile of books.
We bought a piano!!  I have been dreaming about this for years!  For a whole day, I have heard constant playing on it and it makes me so happy!

5 comments:

Cari said...

Such a beautiful photo of the flowering trees! Spring is kind of here too- it warmed up like summer for a few days and now it's cold again. But at least we've had rain so hopefully my garden will grow. That's so sweet your kids make you flower bouquets! And so exciting you got a piano! I want one too but I don't want to move it ;)

Lynnette said...

I loved the whole post and then I saw the piano. Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

That was me that removed the comment :) After I posted it, I saw that my laptop struck again and deleted the middle out of the sentence. What I said was I love the piano! Good for you guys. And growing flowers are overrated.

Camile said...

Those are beautiful pictures at the capitol!

You're so nice to let your kids pick flowers. I wouldn't mind Aubree picking the flowers out of just our yard, but she picks them from our neighbor's yards as well - so we have to say no to all flower picking! :(

Have you started teaching piano lessons yet? I can't wait to hear how that goes. I love having a piano - it just makes a house feel more like a home. (But they sure are expensive to move across the country!)