Sunday, September 15, 2013

Family

As you may have noticed, we are a family of Reunioners.  We love to have big get-together's, with extended family, usually involving lots of food and a pinata.  This summer seemed to have an unusually large amount of family reunions.  For this Memmott reunion, my dad was in charge (and truthfully, I probably wouldn't have gone except that I promised I'd be in charge of the games, and I felt sorry for him because he had just had surgery).
See, there is that pinata.  
 Gunny sack races.  I was very creative with my games, as you can see.
 Obviously the kids didn't mind my lack of creativity.
 Lynnette and I totally got in on the racing action.  And we won!  Ha!  Take that, small children!!
 Our prizes.
 It's amazing what a little facial hair will can do to take away our femininity.
 Dustin also got in on the action.  I'm not sure if he won though...
And the week before we had a Motgomery reunion on the other side of my family.
 Don't panic.  He's doing that on purpose.

 My mom's siblings and dad.
And, this has nothing to do with family reunions, but as a family (and with the girl's book club group), we went to the book signing of the new Michael Vey book, by Richard Paul Evans.  I have been reading these to the whole family, and we all love this series.  We were there with about 1000 other people.
 My kids are getting their book signed.  There is Richard, and you can kind of see a white shirt behind the lady in red.  That may be one of my children.  
 That may be another one of my children behind lady in red again.  She was a helper, but seriously, I couldn't get a good angle of any of the kids with him because she was so helpful.
 And, we quickly took a picture with the author, which made the people behind us grumble, and probably the lady in red, too.
That is a lot of kids to keep track of!
4 adults, and 19 kids.  And we didn't lose a one of them!  At least not permanently.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

so cool about the book signing, your kids will always remember that. And your family reunions look like fun! I would have as many as possible if I were you!

Nicole said...

Oh I wish I could have gone to all of those family reunions. I miss them so much!

Monica said...

I wish I could have gone too! To all of them! And have you read the new book then? Is it good? Are you happy you read them or do you now hate the author?

Camile said...

You guys are definitely hard-core reunioners! I miss reunions.

Good job at putting those kids in their place with your three-legged race win. It always does them some good to lose now and then. :)

So apparently I've been missing out. I haven't even heard of these Michael Vey books! I guess I'll have to check them out at my library.