Sunday, September 8, 2013

End Of Summer And The First Day Of School

The end of Summer finally did occur.  And to celebrate, we took a trip to see my Grandpa at the Farm in Idaho.  That's how we celebrate our lives slowing down a little bit.  Go figure.  But first!  Here is the first day of school!!  Avery is in 5th grade, Maren is in 3rd and Ryan is in 1st.  So far, they are all enjoying their teachers and classrooms.
It wasn't Grant's first day of school for another (long) week and a half.
Ahh, here it is!
He is very excited, as you can tell.
There was almost a moment of tears when we first pulled up.  But don't worry, I held it together and insisted that I walk him in, even though he "didn't need me to".  Oh yes you do need me to, thank you very much!  I had to walk back in a few minutes later to pay his tuition, and the teacher was trying to convince him to let her put a name tag on his new shirt.  He was obviously very excited to get a new school outfit and didn't want to ruin it up with a name tag!  He didn't seem too worried about it later, when I picked him up and he had paint all over it from their apple painting. 

At the end of Summer, we headed to Logan for Dustin's Grandpa's 95th Birthday.  95!!  He is amazing-living on his own, gardening and still shoveling his neighbor's walks in the winter.  He home teaches 10 people in the ward (most of them widows), and he's even a good home teacher!   He is a great example and we're blessed to still have him here.
  
For Labor Day, we went to The Farm, to see my Grandpa.  Not 95, but 85, and also still going strong.  We had a great time hearing lots about his and my Grandma's youth, playing in the water, driving a little tractor (with only one major accident and only minor injuries), visiting with Uncle Bert and just enjoying a slower lifestyle and beautiful farm land.  I am seriously a farmer at heart.








 We also went to the Twin Falls County Fair with Grandpa.




 Maren got picked to help clean up frisbee's during the dog show and she earned a stuffed animal.
 This is Maren and Avery's ride.  They were terrified.  Maren cried through a lot of it.  Avery seemed to enjoy the terror.
We had a lovely weekend, and are now back into the swing of school and regular schedules.  Yay!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Kind of sad to see summer go, but I am like you--I was kind of ready for it and am looking foward to the cooler weather. Looks like your family had a blast this summer with all your fun activities.

Nicole said...

I love it! I miss your kids so much! Oh it would be so wonderful to be at the farm with you right now:)