It had become necessary for Avery to chop that long, beautiful hair (no, she's not holding a ferret). She wanted to cut it and donate it to Locks of Love. A few tears were shed, but she is all smiles now (especially when we brush her hair).
Another change also brought a few tears. Goodbye old, dead tree in our yard. This change won't be for the better, I'm afraid. It provided a lot of shade for our house.
The layout of the preschool has changed, which created more demolition for us. My parents came up and were a huge motivator to make it happen this weekend. And I think this change will be for the better (but again, some blood, sweat and tears were involved). Thanks, Mom and Dad for being awesome!
Dustin announced today that he officially cannot beat the kids in a race. Ha! It's about time! That change happened to me, like 2 years ago. Dustin is a late bloomer, I guess.
And look at this happy change in Nicole's life.
I went out to Ohio and helped Nicole when Edith came home from the NICU last week. It took divine intervention to get me there at the perfect time (and an awesome BFF giving me a plane ticket!!). Nicole is an awesome Mommy! It was so fun to be there with this sweet baby.
The only tears here were when I had to leave. Although I was very happy to get back to my cute family. Dustin (and many surrogate mothers) were awesome and took over for 5 days while I was gone. I had so much fun holding Edith and being with Nicole and Matt!
5 comments:
Lots of changes -- but fun ones.
I love Avery's hair! And I'm sad about that tree but I bet the kids loved wtching it come down. Did Dustin do it?
Avery's hair is so cute short; she looks so grown up! I am excited to think about you as a preschool teacher, I think you will be amazing!
You are such a good sister and Mom. Thanks for your example of love and kindness. My thoughts and prays have been with Nicole and Matt.
I can't believe how long Avery's hair was! I bet the hair brushing is much less painful now.
I can't wait to see what the preschool ends up looking like. I'm sure the remodeling is a lot of work - good luck!
What a sweet little baby girl Nicole has. That's so wonderful that you were able to go help her. I bet your kids were sad that they didn't get to go though.
Post a Comment