School starts tomorrow for my kids. The amount of energy coming off of them tonight was making me exhausted. After we had put the girls to bed (multiple times), Avery needed me to come in one more time. When I went in, she showed me a break dance move on her bed. Seriously!! Go to sleep!! But, it is exciting that summer is ending and school is starting. All four of our kids are starting tomorrow and they'll all be in the same school for this one year.
Here are some more exciting things going on. Our backyard is very exciting. We have a peregrine falcon living nearby. We watch it, almost daily, and I'm hoping that it is catching some rodent visitors that we've also been seeing in our backyard.
This is the second set of hummingbirds we have in our carport. The first family came and went, and a second family repaired the nest from a couple of years ago (yes, it has been hanging in our carport for two years. Heaven forbid we clean up our yard) and now we have more babies to watch. It is so much fun.
This is very exciting. Dustin home teaches the cub scout master, who has lots of costumes, and needs a willing home teacher to dress up for pack meeting. As you can see, the kids are taking Scooby down.
Now, here we are, sitting on an elephant at the County Fair. I know, you can't really tell, but trust me, we are totally riding an elephant.
See, there they are without us on their backs.
There I am again. Totally kidding.
The fair is always exciting. And usually it is minimal cost. Except when you ride the elephant.
Lynnette and her girls joined us, which added to the fun.
This is Maren and Grant going on the slide. Lynnette and I did it next, holding her girls, and it was actually really fun and fast, and yes, exciting.
Here is the real reason we were at the fair. Dustin and the kids entered our sunflower, named Goliath, in the fair. And we got a first place ribbon!! (Never mind the fact that there were only two sunflowers entered, and the other one won Best of Division. Just focus on the positive.)

Here they are, transporting Goliath. I think it was around 12 feet tall.
We're harvesting more things from our garden. Maren has a bad case of broccoli ear.
Look at all that corn we have gotten from our garden! It is very delicious. Just ask all the rats that have been eating it. They love it. Serves them right if they get eaten by the peregrine falcon. Ha!
And that is the end of our exciting summer. Almost. Soon, I hope I will have pictures to post of all the work we are doing on our basement for my preschool. It starts in a week and we are so, um... what is the word I'm looking for here? Oh, ya. Enthusiastic!


1 comment:
I love reading your posts, it always gives me a good laugh! Congratulations on first place!! Just don't tell people there were only 2. That is a huge sunflower!! I wish I could be there to enjoy the excitement for the first week of school.
Post a Comment