Sunday, February 15, 2015

An Adventure

Dustin "surprised" me with a night away last weekend.  I have surprised in quotations, because I knew the whole time that he had something planned.  In fact, my words to him a few weeks earlier were "If you don't want to plan a surprise, I will."  And I brought it up a few times.  That's kind of how I do surprises.  But he did surprise me with the location.  And boy, was I surprised when he pulled off on the Ogden exit.  So surprised that I had to try to not cry.  He assured me that we were going to have an adventure!  And, soon enough, I realized that it doesn't really matter where we go, as long as we are together (and preferably, alone, which we were).
We stayed at the Historic Ben Lomand Hotel.  Did you know my Great Great (maybe Great) Grandma named the Ben Lomand Mountain in Ogden?  She did.  It reminded her of Ben Lomand in Scotland, where she was from.  We had the King's Corner Suite, with beautiful views.  See?
We played mini golf and we both got a hole in one and a tied score at the end!  Wow!  That is a record for us.  We found a cute cupcake shop and ate the most delicious cupcakes we've ever eaten.
Dustin eats his a little more dainty than I do.  I like to get a little taste of every layer.
The next morning I found this homeless man to take with me to the temple (He forgot a few essentials.  That's what he gets for packing himself)
Then we drove up Ogden Canyon.  We found some plastic cows on our adventure.
 And the most delicious BBQ we've ever eaten (it was a weekend for the most delicious').  
  A bear ate my hand.  I'm OK though.
 Ice castles, melted by our 60 degree weather for 2 months.
We walked around a thawing reservoir.
Eating ice cream.  This was not the most delicious, but still yummy.
This is where we ate it, in the Canyon.
The sky was on fire on our way home.  We saw the most amazing sunset on our way to pick up kids from Lynnette's.
And that was the end of our crazy adventure to Ogden!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yay for getting away! It does wonders for your soul, doesn't it? And how cool that your ancestor named Ben Lomand!