Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Whole Lotta Love

Valentine's Day has come and gone, as all good candy filled holidays do.  This year's Valentine haul looked a lot like Halloween to me.  I remember when I was a kid and, if you were lucky, your little valentine envelope would have a few candy hearts in it.  Then you would read the messages on the hearts (and the valentine), and analyze it like crazy.  And I was sooo careful with the messages that I put in the valentine's I was giving.  I would NEVER put a heart in a boy's valentine that said "kiss me" or "marry me".  I would have died of embarrassment!  My kid's valentines were a little different.  Many of them don't even have the recipient's name on them, just "from Billy," or whatever.  And every valentine has candy attached.  Mostly chocolate.  It would be a crime not to.  I'm not sure if they even had any candy hearts in their pile.  Tons of them were super creative and homemade (not from my kids though).  Although we did do some homemade valentine's, just for fun one night.

Another thing we did during the week before Valentine's Day is a night of service, in memory of our little nephew/cousin Owen Cragun.  We went to the Food Bank and put together weekend food kits for children to take home.  It just so happened that the night we wanted to do it, our friends from our ward, the Coleman's, were already volunteering.  They let us join in and it made for a fun night of service.



We also had some of our ward friends over for a Ward Temple Night social.  We did a sugar cookie bar.
Avery worked hard on her Science Fair project and did a great job.  She discovered that scarring seeds helps them to grow faster than soaking does.  Just in case you were wondering.

She also made a valentine box for her class (she had a busy week).
On Valentine's Night, that elusive Valentine's Lady struck again.


"You better give me a kiss if you want candy, little boy!!"
 Wow!  No wonder she has to force her kisses on people.
 She also seemed to bring candy in Halloween like proportions.  My kids are spoiled.
And there you have it!! A whole lotta love for our Valentine's week!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I was just thinking about how when we were little, Valentine's were just a card. If you got a sucker on one, it was heaven sent! My, how times have changed. But you are super lucky (ambitious) to have the valentines lady come- not all kids are so lucky!