January is supposed to be the longest, coldest month of the year. And usually, I am feeling it by the time it ends. This year has been totally different. We have had average temperatures in the 50's, quite a bit of rain (not snow), and sun. And time has flown by! Didn't we just have Christmas? I must admit, it has been a lovely January. I know I shouldn't be happy about our lack of snow, but it has been so nice to not have to scrape my driveway!! Now, let's hope we don't get our January in April...
Here are some ways we stayed entertained in January. I finally got around to cooking up some of my Fall pumpkins. Why not?! It feels like Fall around here. Before I cooked it, the kids had to play with it.
We found this on our bed one night. That made us happy. (Thanks, Maren)
In preschool, we did shaving cream tie dyed paper, and it was so much fun that I wanted to do it with my kids (and Lili and Abi). We tie dyed a TON of paper!
So pretty--it's just shaving cream and food coloring. Dip your paper in, and wipe it off with a paper towel. Super easy!
Jen, Lynnette and I (and kids) got together one afternoon and started this little project. I love having my sisters fairly close.
And now we are officially in the shortest month of the year! And our longest, coldest month is over. Ha ha!
3 comments:
I love the shortest month of the year...spring is on its way! And weird,right, about January being so warm? Hopefully our lawns aren't all burnt up and we have to drink soda this summer because there's no water!
It was a cold January here. I'm ready for some sunshine and warmth! Come on Spring!
I'm a little (actually a lot) envious of your beautiful January. Aside from the first snowfall, our Jan has not been beautiful; and Feb has been even worse! Oh well, I guess it just really makes me appreciate the spring. :)
Post a Comment