Easter happened last weekend. Because of our travel to Denver, the holiday seemed to come upon us quickly. And by the time I realized, I knew we weren't going to have enough time when we were all home, for all of our fun traditions. So Dustin had to get ditched on a couple of them. Sorry, Babe! Don't worry, I made it up to him by dying this egg:
See, aren't I nice?
The kids and I did Easter Egg Hunts for each other one afternoon. See that pile that I found! Get out of my way kids, cause I'm getting them all! Heck ya! Actually, I wasn't trying to be the crazy adult stealing all the eggs from the small children, I just kind of got lost in my own little egg finding world, and when it was all said and done, I had pretty much become the crazy adult stealing all the eggs from the small children. Ha ha! Good thing they were my own children and it was all in good fun. We hid them next for Maren and Ryan.
On Easter Saturday I took the kids to the city's Easter Egg Hunt. It was over in about 7 seconds. Good thing I wasn't allowed to participate in that one, or it would have been over in 3 seconds! That's what I'm talking about!
And we also got our own baskets that morning.
It was also General Conference that weekend. I always love that weekend. It is so nice to listen to our prophets and apostles!
We try to make it a fun weekend for the kids. In this picture, they are staring at bowls of candy and listening for the right word that matches a bowl so that they can have a treat.
Dustin and Avery got to go to the Sunday morning session.
All in all, it was a busy, beautiful weekend to remember the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and to be thankful for the promise of Eternal Life!
No comments:
Post a Comment