Someday we are going to look back at this blog and think that all we ever did at the Wiberg House is play and have fun. Believe me, we do our share of homework, music practicing, whining about music practicing, fighting, eating and other boring things. But the only thing I take pictures of are the fun things. Like going to BYU Volleyball games.
Volleyball games are nice for lots of quality Cosmo time. He hung out around us a lot at this game, and the boys were not afraid to go right up to him for a hug. We went to another volleyball game a couple of months ago, and at one point, Cosmo was on the big screen dancing, and as the camera panned out, Grant was standing next to him, also dancing. And we didn't even know he was missing. Funny!
This was a fun game. BYU beat number one, Hawaii in a packed Smith Fieldhouse. BYU volleyball was my favorite when I went to school there. In fact, in my last ward (where Dustin and I met), there was a whole house of BYU men's volleyball players and we became good friends with them. And, believe me, this was my dream come true. Until I met Dustin, of course. And then he was my real dream come true. As I was writing about men's volleyball, and Dustin (who, by the way, is an awesome volleyball player), I remembered this picture from our reception in Denver. This is two of the boys from our ward, Mac and Scott. They were in Denver training for the Olympic team and came to our reception. They are big people. We are not.
There was a point to all of that rambling: Dustin and I love to be back at BYU, watching volleyball. It feels very nostalgic and happy for us.
Speaking of nostalgic and happy, this is a picture of our kids, laying all over a bear skin, at my cousin's apartment near our house, which just happens to be the exact same apartment that my parent's lived in when they were first married. Wow, long sentence!
Stephanie and Hughes moved away last weekend. We had fun having a cousin so close! Sometimes I would run into them at church (they were in a different ward, but same building) and we had them over a few times for dinner. They were very patient with our crazy kids, and Hughes had cool wild animal stories. We will miss them.
Their kitchen, updated slightly from 1971. Maybe.
After a warm, snowless winter, we've gotten a couple of big snow storms. Grant and I played in this one for a few hours. All those layers were overkill: it started melting by the time we were getting done with our snow man.
To add even more fun to our lives, we went to see the flowers at Temple Square for FHE last week. And, as usual, they did not disappoint.
The boys kept running to new spots, posing, and then telling me to take their picture. Usually I have to beg them to even get in a picture. I'm not sure what caused the change this time, but I have lots of Glamour Shots of the boys now.
Von Wiberg Family Singers.
Um, not really sure what is going on here with that zombie. My kids were loving it though.
Avery told me that I need to get an Instagram account so that I can post this and write "selfie". I can do it, even without another social media time waster in my life. "Selfie!" See?
Somebody photo bombed us.
This is after I really was begging the girls to let me take their picture. The tables have turned this year.
And here is proof that we don't just have fun around here. We also sleep!

2 comments:
I love the picture of your family in front of the temple. Spring is the one time of year I can never get to temple square! Weird zombie. Did he fall over? Love the glamor shots:)
I don't think you and Dustin have changed a bit since I last saw you in good old aggie village :) and those volleyball players are ginormous!
Post a Comment