Can you believe it? It has been 6 years since this little man joined our family.
Time has flown by!! And I can't seem to slow it down. We are every other year on friend birthday parties around here, and Grant was on a non-party year, this year. But he did want to try out a new arcade in town, so to celebrate his birthday, we spent an hour or so playing video games and earning tickets at this little arcade near our house.
Grant tells me all the time how he hula hoops during recess. I saw this in the store a few days before his birthday and couldn't resist. It has been providing entertainment for the whole family all week.
Grandma and Grandpa Shurtz were in town for Jen's baby's blessing, so they stopped by for dinner and cake. They don't get to be here very often for birthdays, so that makes it extra special.
Look at that! Grandma's still got it!
Grant has done a jello cake for two years in a row, and it took some real convincing on my part to not do another jello cake this year. Instead we went with creepy snake, with an airhead tongue and ring pop eyes. The candy was the kicker for a regular cake.
Grant continues to be such a sweet, loving boy! He gives great hugs and kisses, loves to cuddle and read books with me, and bring me flowers (from my flower bed). He is so thoughtful and is always saying things like, "You would love it if you had a maid and never had to clean the house, right, Mom?" Or "You would be so happy if you had a million dollars, right, Mom?" I guess he just loves to envision me without any work, sitting in my million dollar home, sipping lemonade all day. What a thoughtful kid!! He is learning a lot in kindergarten and enjoying school. He is a smart little guy and loves to figure out how things work. He regularly asks me how different machines work and most of the time, I have never thought about it before and it takes me a minute to be able to give him an answer. He is going to make an engineer out of me! He would still prefer that I help him get dressed every morning, and if I make him do it himself, he usually comes out wearing his clothes over the top of his pajamas. It makes it easier that night, right? Funny kid. I am really enjoying this last year of having him home with me during the day. I have decided that, while I don't necessarily want to go grocery shopping with 4 kids, it is more fun to have at least one with me! Ah, how my perspective is changing as my kids get older. Well, I'll enjoy this time with him for a couple more months, at least!

1 comment:
Happy belated birthday to Grant! I love the life of luxury he has planned out for you. If you ever get that million dollar bonus let's plan a trip together (your treat of course). ;) How on earth has it been six years since our babies were born?!?! It's so wonderful and yet kind of heart-achy to see them grow up. And so interesting to see how perspective and attitudes change as they get older. Such mixed emotions about it all - pride, regret, hope, anxiety, love...
Being a Mom is the BEST (and hardest)!
Post a Comment