We started out the month with Grant's School Lunch Experience, which I got to experience with him. And he made me experience a bite of his macaroni, which I wouldn't want to repeat.
We had Mother's Day. It is probably my favorite day of the year. I love the homemade cards, the breakfast in bed, the chocolates at church. And I love these little things that made me a mother.
Yep, folks, these are all mine.
We had the biggest hail storm I've ever seen. Ten solid minutes of hail, started out as kind of fun for Grant and me. But then I had to try and keep it from flooding my basement. And that wasn't very fun. And I failed anyway because water was actually going in to the basement from the back, not the front where I was. So after I dumped buckets of water for 30 minutes, I mopped basement floors for an hour and a half. No fun!
These two buckets had to be dumped every 60 seconds, or so. My back was so sore the next day!
I went on a Girl's Weekend with these fun ladies. My friend's parents have a cabin that we go to every year. We take projects to work on, treats to share and girl movies to watch. It is always a fun and relaxing time.
On one of the mornings of our weekend, we went on a hike and found these lovely falls.
Avery had a Monster Orchestra concert. Can you see her? She is right in front of us, on the back row.
Avery and Maren had their Choir concert. Avery even sang a small solo with the other 6th graders in the choir. Both girls did a great job! My parents were able to be there, which was fun.
The next morning we went on a walk in the rain (we've had a lot of rain during the month of May),
and the kids played a game with Grandpa. It was a fun visit with my parents.
Tonight I created the champion paper airplane in the Wiberg Airplane Wars. I'm pretty much always the loser, so I thought this was picture worthy. I saved my airplane for our next war...
That is mine on the left. Dustin's is on the right. Mine flew from the top of our driveway all the way across the road! It was a proud moment for me.
This is what it looks like after we get home from the Library. My kids always complain and act like they are being tortured when I tell them that we have to go the library. When we get there I can't get them to leave, and when we get home, they sit and read for an hour. I love that they love to read.
We have three more weeks of parties, oops, I mean, school. I hope I can survive it!



1 comment:
I love that last picture! So fun in May! You should read my link in FB that I posted:) It relates.
Post a Comment