Sunday, November 15, 2015

Happenings

We have been busy around here.  Fall is just about over.  The leaves are almost done changing, and now they are falling onto my lawn.  And right now the wind is blowing them all over all my neighbor's lawns.  Bwa ha ha!
We have been trying to get all we can out of this lovely season.  Our weather has been mostly wonderful, with a few days of rain and even snow!!  On an especially wonderful Fall day, we took the kids hiking.


Today we played croquet in the backyard.  I won the first game.  Just in case you were wondering.

 We have had this deer in our yard quite a bit.  In fact, one evening there were two deer out there sparring.  We all went out to watch, and they didn't even care.  They would stop hitting their antlers together for a minute to look at us, then they would start back up.  It was kind of fun (from a distance).

 One of my best friends moved out officially this week.  It has been sad and hard for me.  I miss her a lot!  Plus, who am I going to watch Hallmark Christmas movies with this year?!  Donna has been a wonderful neighbor to us.  She is 89, and I feel like she isn't a day over 37.  Except she is wiser than me.  I love her.
 Grant was mad that I was making him wear this shirt for pictures.  I told him to smile so I could see what it looked like and this is what he gave me.  Kind of a scary smile.
 All three of our elementary school age kids won an award in the Reflections contest this year!  We were so proud of each of them.  Maren won an Award of Excellence, and Ryan and Grant both won Honorable Mentions (I just couldn't grab Grant in time to get a picture).  They each entered the photography section.  


The theme was "Let your imagination take flight."  Here was Ryan's picture.
 Maren's picture.
 Grant's picture.  That is Grant's terrarium that he made.
The kids had their pictures taken at the Ogden Train Museum.  What a cool place!  We were loving running around all the old trains. 

And last but not least, this is how I found the boys exercising the other night.  Can't you just feel those heart rates increasing?

2 comments:

Pamela Athey said...

Your kiddos are so cute!!! They are getting big! Congrats on their Reflections recognitions! Nice work!

Aaron and Camile said...

So, it's been awhile since I've checked your blog and I can't believe how much older you all look!!! ha ha! I'm kidding - just the kids look older - you and Dustin look younger. ;)
That's so cool that you saw deer sparring in your very backyard - how exciting!
Congrats to the kids on their Reflections awards - I especially loved Maren's rainbow picture.
Your blog made me wish I kept up on mine.... but not enough to make me do anything about it. We are coming to UT and ID over Christmas and would really like to see you guys. We're still not sure when we'll be passing by NSL, but I'll let you know.