For Thanksgiving this year we had a much needed rest at my Grandpa's farm in Idaho. It was lovely. We left early to avoid the snowstorm, and so we got an extra day there to relax and play. There was more snow there than we've seen yet this year! The kids played in the snow for three days in a row. I made it out for one of those days... It was SO cold!
I had a good excuse for not playing in the snow the second day. Someone's got to cook that Turkey!
And, of course, that was the tractor sled pulling day.
There was even an oompa loompa there!
We played a lot of pool while we were there,
We painted ornaments one night (a family tradition).
The finished products.
We had an a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. There were a lot of us there: Chad and his family all came down from Seattle, us, Lynnette's family and my parents.
Grandpa was very patient with the kids, noise and mess.
It was my birthday! I picked out my own ice cream cake and had them write "Happy Birthday Carolyn". Kind of funny to do that for yourself. But, Lynnette was with me and she insisted. Plus, I've never had an ice cream cake for my birthday!
It was a lovely long weekend, with much to be thankful for!

2 comments:
The farm looks so pretty in the winter!! And I'm so glad you picked out such a cute ice cream cake. You might as well if you get to choose it:)
Happy (belated) Birthday! An ice cream cake sounds divine. I have never had one either. And your kids will have to teach mine about how to properly play in the snow. Mine come in after two minutes!
Post a Comment