We had many days of celebration during the week of Valentines Day. Maren made this valentine holder for school, and won second place in her class contest!
We took the kids to see the local high school production of Beauty and the Beast. They did such a great job! (I think Beast is having some technical difficulties with his jaw at this point)
I helped drive Ryan's scout den to an animal shelter, and Grant and Maren came along. The kids loved the cat room. They probably wished we had a cat room at our house. I almost gagged because of the smell. No cat rooms for us.
Boy Ryan playing with dog Ryan.
My parents stayed over one night after they had come up to attend a funeral of my dad's uncle. We are always happy for a visit! And, they got to come see the play with us.
Dustin and I did our Valentine's Day date a little early, to avoid the crowds. Racquetball and Pizza for us. Dustin beat me left-handed. I wasn't surprised.
We have a tradition to take our kids on Valentine dates. I took the boys to an all you can eat pizza place and then to an arcade. Dustin took the girls to Golden Corral.
My niece and her little boy came to stay with us for a few days. They were here to witness the Valentines Lady. He was (understandably) a little confused. But, he accepted her kiss and received some candy. And that made up for the strangeness of it all.
1 comment:
Where are the famous valentine's lady pictures?!! Lucky kids!
Post a Comment