Last weekend was President's Day and a three day weekend for Dustin and the kids, so we checked something off of our bucket list by taking a day trip up to the North end of the Great Salt Lake to see the Spiral Jetty. This art sculpture can only be seen in low water years (it may end up getting covered this year). The kids loved running on the flat sand at the wrong place that we stopped at initially. The right place was a few hundred yards down the road. But our mistake ended up being a lot of fun.
Gramma Lana came along for the ride.
Proof that aliens exist! They left their big alien bomb at the Great Salt Lake. In fact, it looks like an alien photo, bomb...
Then we found the actual Spiral Jetty.
Here are some more alien photo bombs.
We stopped at the outdoor ATK museum on the way home.
The next weekend Dustin and I had a little getaway to a farmhouse Bed and Breakfast in Woodland, Utah. It was kind of in the middle of nowhere, but it was pretty and fun to help the owner feed the farm animals the next morning. They had 10 day old goats running around. They were so cute!
On the way home we went to the Draper temple. It was beautiful and peaceful. It was a lovely and much needed getaway for us.
Our puppy fits right in with the rest of our family. This is her favorite place to sit--right in front of the space heater. She is a dog after my own heart.
One of her strange positions that she loves to get into.
Licking Ryan's mouth. So gross.
Patiently enduring the girls dressing her up in doll clothes.
2 comments:
How come I've lived in Utah for 15 years and hadn't heard of the spiral jetty until now? I just saw something about this on the news a few days ago, so it's a funny coincidence that you guys just went. There are so many places in Utah that I need to still go see!
I haven't heard of the spiral jetty either. Was it cool? I've never really even been to the great Salt Lake! Is that crazy?
Post a Comment