Sunday, April 2, 2017

March

It seems like if I have times where I am not very busy, then I don't have anything to write about on here, and I'm forced to post tons of pictures of our dog.  Then other times, I am so busy that I can't write, and I have tons of un-posted pictures of all we have been doing.  Feast or famine.  And, I guess it makes sense.  So, here goes.
Dustin taught Grant how to tie a tie, and I thought it was a cute moment.

 Avery sewed a pillow case in school.
 Dustin had a Conference for work, down in St. George.  We have a friend who owns a car dealership down there, so Dustin drove this Porsche down for him.  We all took a little drive before he left.

 At Dustin's conference, they worked really hard and went on bike rides, and hikes.  Poor guy.





One night we had a Family Home Evening with a couple who lives near us.  They have a room in their apartment dedicated to their reptiles.  And they fill the entire room!  It was like being at a pet store.  We had so much fun seeing all their snakes, lizards and creepy crawly things.








 Monica and her kids came in to town for a couple of weeks.  We got to spend some quality time with cousins and had so much fun!  One night we went to a new Aquarium.  It was in a mall, and Monica realized that it was free ice cream day at Dairy Queen.  That poor Dairy Queen worker.  She didn't look too thrilled to see 20 people show up for free ice cream.  But it was so yummy.  And, free!



 At the Aquarium they had snakes, birds, manta rays, sharks and other exciting things.

Bird feeding.


 I think I had as much fun as the kids did.  Although, if you've ever seen the Alfred Hitchcock movie, The Birds, that is kind of how it felt when we brought in the food.







 These kiddos paid $15 a piece to have some tiny fish suck on their feet. 

 That weekend we went to Cedar City to help my dad with Tax Sales.  We always have a really good time.  We talk, laugh a lot, eat treats, ask my dad about a hundred questions and do a little bit of work (after he tells us how).  It's a funny thing to do the same job annually for 24 years, and still not really have a clue how to do it.  My dad is a very patient man.
This picture is funny because we had to take it about 5 times to try to get me to not have an awkward pose.  I never could figure it out...

 It was the General Women's Meeting that night, so afterwards, us girls went out to eat.


 Lots of cousin time that weekend (or in this case, niece time).

  On the way home from Cedar, we stopped by to see my Grandma.  She is almost 90 years old!  We had a great couple of hours of hearing old stories and laughing/crying with her.  She is a spunky lady.

And, finally, I was very selective, and I am only posting one funny picture of the dog.  She loves to stare down the hamsters.  She's actually very afraid of them, but occasionally she gets brave and starts out as far back as she can, then stretches her body up to the cage and stares at them.  And, if they come out and stare back, she sometimes barks, sometimes just jumps away.  Funny puppy.

1 comment:

Jen said...

So much fun! I miss Monica and kids already!!!