There were many opportunities to celebrate Halloween, dress up, and gorge ourselves with candy this year.
We had fun carving pumpkins.
I am always the fastest at carving my pumpkin for some reason... I had time to carve mine and Pepper's, and take all the pictures and the rest of the family still wasn't done!
We have an extra because Ryan dropped his right after he finished it, and it split it in two. So, he hurried and carved another one, and we pieced his first one together for the picture (the broken one is on the right).
I was a dog for the preschool Halloween party.
We also had a Ward Halloween party. Ryan was grapes, his friend was an avacado, and Grant was "Grant being carried in a box by a scary balloon face man." He won an award for the Most Resourceful Costume.
And, Maren was a baby.
The room the Primary used for trick-or-treating.
I won the award for Best Costume. Just kidding. I won the Cheesiest Soup Award.
I got to lead those cute children in a Halloween Parade (at least, I was supposed to. The Fireman took over, and I was ok with just being a part of it, wearing my nose costume on my head).
I double booked myself for Ryan and Grant's school Halloween parties, so Dustin took Ryan's and I took Grant's. And, they were both fun.
By the time it was actually Halloween, Ryan had wisely ditched the grape balloons, and opted for the bearded biker man. Grant started out with the same costume, but by one street in to the night, he realized what a pain that box was for running from house to house, and Dustin ran home and grabbed him an old Spider Man costume from the house. Thank goodness for the dress up bin!
Way too much candy. It's kind of delicious and disgusting, all at the same time.
Dustin is wisely on a sugar hiatus right now, which leaves all the dirty work of helping the kids dispose of their candy, to me. It's a hard job, but somebody's got to do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment