Sunday, March 29, 2020

Wiberg Corona Quarantine Week 2

We started off the second full week of Quarantine with getting our garden plot ready.  We even planted our lettuce and peas!  I love to garden!  There is something about the fresh, soft dirt, that I just want to touch it and smell it.  It makes me happy.  I think it is in my DNA because I come from a long line of farmers.
 We got heart attacked by our good friends.  They even left a goody bag with lots of fun entertainment and treats.  Love good friends!
 We have a little more downtime to take selfies.  And I have a lot on my phone.

 Even though we have more downtime than normal, we have surprisingly busy days with all the school work that the kids have to do.  I'm glad they have good educational things to keep them busy, and I really admire all that the teachers have done in such a quick amount of time to get ready for this.  I am trying to find an hour a day for us to learn something new together.  One day I taught the kids how to iron and then we practiced.  Another day we did a little family history.




 Dustin is totally working from home now.  The government center is shut down unless absolutely necessary, so he has set up a little station in the preschool (since the preschool is also shut down).  He has been very diligent and effective at working from home!
 More selfies.

 I have been practicing violin with Avery almost every day.  It is nice for her to have someone to practice with, and nice for me to play the violin again!
 It is nice to have more time together as a family with a slower paced life.  We are entertaining each other pretty well.
 So. Many. Selfies.
 We are practicing good social distancing.  Ryan thought it would be a good idea to take this tape measurer with us and make sure we are always 6 feet apart!
 Grant and Avery made this fun cake and fondant today.
 More time for practicing our Etch A Sketch skills!  That there is the United States, drawn by Avery.
 There is almost as many pictures of Pepper as there are selfies of my kids.
 We have taken a walk together as a family almost every afternoon or evening.  The exercise is a good way to work off some energy, and it is nice to be outside.  

 And today on our walk we got to see one of our ward missionaries coming home!  What a crazy time to be a missionary!  I admire all these kids and their parents for being so faithful with all of this craziness.  This missionary and family happens to be one of our best friends, so we were super excited to see them!  We usually run into a couple of neighbors while we are out.  There are a lot of people walking the neighborhood now!  And, we are all good to say hi from a very safe distance.  
 Overall, this week has been a positive one.  We are getting a handle on our homework.  We have stayed busy without having electronics all day long.  It is fun to see our kids playing together and interacting a lot more.  That is one of the blessings of having more time together.  I am loving this slowed down pace of life.  Our biggest problem is just the constant worry of someone we love getting sick.  We had a scare this week with Lynnette (which was stressful because we had all been together with my parents in Cedar less than two weeks ago), but she got tested for Corona, and it came back negative.  We were grateful.  We had a worldwide fast today as counseled by our prophet and we tell our kids that this will be a very unusual time that they will always remember.  At least I hope this will be unusual...

No comments: