Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Wiberg Corona Quarantine Week #3

Another quarantine week is in the books.  This week was also our Spring Break, so that meant we had no (home) school!  It was a nice break for the kids and their supervising teacher, a.k.a. mom!  The kids continue to get along pretty well.  And with all this extra time and togetherness, it has made for some silliness.


 Ryan was even brave enough to run around the neighborhood wearing his "Strong Man" outfit.  Avery followed along in the car and took pictures and videos.  It seems like our main focus this week has been to document every single thing we do!  For the sake of posterity, of course.
So much baking this week!  I made homemade bread on Monday.  It seems like I can never get my bread to turn out just right, and this time was no exception.  I put this picture in first so you can see the potential my bread had...
 And... this is what it ended up looking like.  Why??  Oh well.  It tasted good and was super moist and fluffy (if you don't count the flattened, weird top crust), so I'll probably try this recipe again.
We made wings for dinner one night.  My kids are getting a lot of cooking time right now.
 The dog was in desperate need of a hair cut, so my kids went ahead and did the job!  We laughed a lot at the outcome, but in the end, she got her haircut, I saved some money and avoided Corona Virus for one more day, and the kids had fun!
Pepper, in all her homemade hair cut glory.
 We are taking daily walks.  Dustin and I are doing a step contest with his work, so even though it was a little stormy all week, it is a good excuse to work off some of our energy (look at the first picture in this post if  you doubt our need to work off energy).
  Just filling up some time.
 Lots of basketball games are happening.

 More trying of new recipes.  This day was homemade pretzels.  Grant has been wanting to do this for a long time, and even though I'm not a huge pretzel fan (he is), this was such a fun and easy recipe to make!  I'd totally make these again.

 Dustin got to come up from working and design a couple of pretzels with us.




 April Fool's Day was this week, and since we really have nothing else pressing on our time, this was the year of pranks!  I lifted up the toilet seat to find this (so gross, I know, but rest assured, it is made of plastic).
 Dustin walked into this excitement when he came up from the basement.

 Maren got sent this from one of her friends, and we all had a good laugh.
 It seemed like every time I went to the bathroom there was fresh, new toothpaste for me to stick my hand on.  I finally had to tell the kids that we are in a potential apocalypse, and they shouldn't waste anything that we might need.
 Homemade churros on another day.  These were yummy and fun, but we doubled the batch, and we shouldn't have, because the fun of cooking them wore off and then everyone ran outside to play while I finished deep fat frying them for what seemed like an eternity.


 Did I already say that we have done a lot of baking?  Homemade cinnamon rolls on yet another day.  These are a General Conference tradition, so it had to be done.


A glorious, long afternoon of hiking happened one of the days.  Dustin took the afternoon off and joined us. We wandered off the beaten path and found some beautiful views of the valley!







I introduced the kids to my childhood game of Andy I Over and we have played it A LOT this week.  We love it!
General Conference was on the weekend.  What an amazing Conference it was!  We have been preparing and thinking about the 200th Anniversary of the First Vision of Joseph Smith.  As individuals and a family we have listened to talks on the restoration of the gospel, prayed about it, fasted, played games, and done other fun things to get ready for General Conference.  And it was a great General Conference.  There were new announcements, (a temple announced in Shanghai!!), a new Proclamation to the World and a Hosanna Shout.  It really was a spiritually powerful weekend!
And, some of this happened too...


We worked off some energy by playing lazer tag as a family.  And, not to brag or anything, but I was the champion of the individual contests.  I played it once in my youth on The Farm, with The Boys (Athey's), and I think that must be what gave me a little advantage.
Our friends brought us over half a sheet cake and some candles to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the First Vision, but they confessed that they had already blown out 200 candles on the cake, so we solved the Corona risk issue by taking off all the top layer and then making cake balls out of it.  And then the kids wiped it all over their faces.  I'm just going to blame that on the quarantine, and not bad parenting.
I'm not really sure what to say about this picture, except that he is a 10 year old boy.





We played Family Feud with the Noonans and that was fun.


We had some technical difficulties, but overall, we had fun!
Week 3 was happy and memorable.  We had been praying that we would have an unforgettable General Conference, and we did!  I feel so grateful for living prophets on the earth.  We continue to stay healthy and I feel very grateful for that.  We are enjoying our time together as a family!

No comments: