We had a happy Valentine's Day this year. On another happy note, February is flying by this year, which is so nice for me! By February, I am so done with winter and really feeling the need for sunshine and warmth. California in the beginning may have helped with that this year. Maybe I'll have to make it a yearly tradition to go somewhere sunny in January or February...
Anyway, back to the day of Love!
Dustin and I went on our Valentine's date on Saturday (Valentine's Day was on a Monday). We drove down to UVU to see a huge stain glass mural in their library. It represents the world and the different ages of man. It was pretty amazing!
Since we were there anyway, and I haven't been back in like 20 years, we walked around campus, looking for anything that looked familiar at my Alma Matter (one of my alma matters, anyway--I got my associates in Physical Education and Health from UVSC-the precursor to UVU).
This guy was new:
After searching and searching, we finally found something I remembered! The Hall of Flags!
We finished our walk around UVU, went to dinner at an African restaurant and then headed home. It was a fun night!
We had a nice Valentine's dinner on Sunday at Gramma Lana's.
And the next day was the actual Valentine's Day. Dustin offered to cook dinner that night, and the kids acted as our servers for a lovely candlelight dinner down in the preschool.
This year the Valentine's Lady showed up, as usual, but as a little surprise, she led the kids out to the backyard, where the Valen-Dude was waiting with a nerf gun ambush! Haha!
Aren't they a nice looking couple?
We finished out our valentine's night with a family home evening lesson about love, given by Ryan, and dipping strawberries and raspberries in chocolate for a treat. It was a great love day!
(Grant has tissue sticking out of his nose because he got kicked in the face during our family home evening about loving each other)
No comments:
Post a Comment