Sunday, September 29, 2024

Carolyn's Sister Trip

Over Labor Day Weekend, I went on a Sister's trip to celebrate Lynnette turning 50!  She is the first sister to turn 50, so we felt like we should celebrate in a big way.  We found cheap tickets to LA, so that was the winner!  We spent the first day there at Universal Studios.  My sister's are all Harry Potter fanatics, so they were super excited.  Lynnette and Nicole even surprised us all with Harry Potter themed t-shirts to wear.  Mine said "Wizard in Training" because I've never finished reading the books, haha! 



The lines for every ride were so short!  We could go on each ride as many times as we wanted (and our old lady stomachs would allow).



The new Super Mario World had recently opened and it was so cool!  And so bright!  The ride itself was fine, but nothing amazing, but the actual world was really neat and so well done!




Harry Potter World did not disappoint, either.





We found a close pizza restaurant somewhere in LA because we were all starving when we left Universal Studios, and as we came out from eating, there was a big bike parade going on.  It lasted probably 10 minutes.  Super random!

We all slept well that night and got up the next morning, drove to the beach, rented some kayaks and kayaked around a bay (I think it was called Venice Bay).


We ate lunch at a fun burger joint right on the beach, then walked across the street to the actual ocean.

The LA Rams were out advertising, so we got serenaded by a mariachi band, took pictures with the ram, played some cornhole and won some t-shirts and hats.  
That night we ordered delicious Thai food take-out, and watched a movie and relaxed.



The next morning my sunburned legs were showing.  We went to church and then after church we found some tide pools and had fun exploring those for a couple of hours.  We also walked on a path along the beach and enjoyed the beautiful ocean views.



Monica keeping me from falling in while I touched a starfish.









Our phones kept getting notices of the area around us being evacuated.  The neighborhood had homes that were sliding away from the hill and toward the ocean.  And we could tell from our drive to the beach.  The road was terrible!  I would hate to be living there.  So sad!
The next morning we checked out of our Airbnb and drove to a beach near the airport, where we rented bikes.  We biked along the beach for an hour and then found a fun Mexican restaurant and had lunch before we had to head to the airport for our flight home.







Our flight got delayed by 3 hours, which was a little stressful for me because I was starting preschool the next morning.  Luckily, it didn't get cancelled completely and we finally made it home!  Our plane parked out on the runway and we had to be shuttled back to the airport.  I guess the Salt Lake airport didn't think we were coming after those three hours!  
It was a super fun weekend with sisters!  I love my sisters and I'm so grateful for them!  And, I was glad to be back home in time to start preschool!

No comments: